Chapter 05

Arnav drove the car home silently.

He had always liked the silence and darkness. He was asusual enjoying the calmness of night and darkness. Just when Aman asked him.

"ASR, this is not the way for my flat."

Arnav raised his eyebrow,

"Do you think I don't know?"

"But boss..."

"You're coming home with me."

Aman sighed inwardly. He was going to suffer.

ASR was going to use him as an escape to get away from his Di and Nani's torture, again...

And they're going to be angry with him for pushing their Arnav to work more (that's what they think..)

Arnav knows what awaits in home.

It always awaited him for the past two years. This was why he avoided going home. That's why he always went abroad and attended as many meeting and functions as possible.

He was so tired, he wanted to go home. But his Di and Nani.... Man, how he dreaded this. He escaped usually by using Aman.

He was ASR, he has to face this.

He parked the car, yet he stayed in the car. He really was scared of what drama they're going to perform now.

Aman finally told him, fed up with waiting here for minutes,

"ASR, come on. Go inside."

"Yeah, let's go inside."

"I think I am hungry, so I'll go and eat something, then I will come...."

"Aman, your boss has ability to provide food in his own home."

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Umm.. I have a headache, I'll go and.."

Arnav cut him off in mid sentence,

"I've medicines in home.."

"Ok. But ASR, I've some friends to meet."

"Aman, I know you don't go anywhere outside this time, even if so, cancel them and let's go inside."

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Then, I've some.. Some.. Paper works.. Yeah, paper works to do. So important, you know.."

"Aman..." Arnav growled.

"It's important and you don't like any pending work so..."

"Aman, stop making excuses and come inside. They're not gonna kill you."

"Easy for you to say. I am the one getting blackmailed."

Aman muttered silently and got out of the car.

Arnav heard that but didn't say anything.

Poor Aman. What can he do? But he's the only excuse Arnav can make to get out of this.

They went inside, telling Hariprakash to be silent. After all there's still a chance to escape to his room, without the lecture and drama.

He was half way to the stairs thanking his luck, just then his Di called

"Not so fast, chote."

Here goes his luck.

Aman moved silently and sat on the sofa, pretending to read the magazines.

Coward Aman. Arnav thought.

"Yeah, Di. How are you?"

"Fine chote. But why are you going away without even meeting me.?"