Chapter 06

Khushi and NK became so attached in few weeks that even four years friend Ananya became her second best friend.

They were so close. NK knows almost everything about Khushi, from her habit of biting the lip in nervousness to her favourite color of nail polish except her longing for affection. She doesn't say anything but he understands it to some extent.

NK adored khushi. He was not only a friend but he also protected her like a child. If anyone teased her or hurt her in any way, they have to face the other side of the usually flirting, happy NK.

Khushi never had any kind of love, from parents to buaji. This affection NK showed her, made him center of her world. And she loved it, she loved every minute of it.

Once NK got into severe fight with some boys in her college for teasing Khushi. Khushi started calling him 'Protector' teasingly. It was hard to not see them together outside of college.

It was one late night that he dropped her home. They went to movie together earlier.

NK had never been this happy. She was a brilliant and adorable princess. NK couldn't help but like her. He doesn't even know what he felt for her. But knew whatever it was, it's serious and he's afraid to admit that even to himself.

And khushi too was oblivious of what she felt for NK because they were both happy with each other's company.

Khushi opened the door and said,

"See you, Mr.Protector." khushi giggled.

"Aww, princess..... Don't go." NK gave her puppy eyes.

"What to do, I have to go now or buaji will get angry. We will see tomorrow evening. Come at time, okay?"

"Of course, Princess. See you.. Lots of love.."

"Love you too, Protector.."

They went on their own ways without knowing what's going to happen tomorrow.

Next day as usual Khushi went college and spent time with Anan, submitted assignments lately because she was spending so much time with NK.

"I am jealous, Khush."

"Of what, Anan?"

"Of you and NK's friendship. It's as if you two are attached to hips. You don't love me anymore. I shouldn't have introduced him to you."

Ananya teased her even though she was happy with them.

"Come on, Anan, I love you too."

"But not more than your protector.?"

Khushi stuck out her tongue childishly saying "Never" and ran.

Ananya chased her around all the while both laughing.

It was evening as Khushi waited at the beach they were going to meet today. She wished NK was studying in the same college.

It was over an hour but NK didn't come.

She was getting frustrated. Though she waited for him.

He was never late. Fear gripped her heart.

Was he ok?

Did something happen?

Khushi tried to call him but it was out of reach.

She tried several times but she couldn't reach him.

It was 7.30....

Still no NK....

Just then Anan's boyfriend called her, she attended the call

"Hey sis, do you know why NK left Australia.?"