Chapter 10

Khushi ran and ran without caring whether anyone was watching her..

She ran and slumped on the bench near the front garden of the hotel..

She put her face in her hands and cried.

She thought her tear ducts had dried and that she was tired of crying.

Oh..!

How foolish of her to think everything would be rainbows and roses in life.

How naive was she to believe everyone in the world was good.

His words pierced right through her heart.

Normally she just brushed it off when someone said mean things about her..

But why this was hurting so much..?

May be, because he's going to be her future husband.

God..!

She was going to marry him..

She was so done.

Her marriage life was going to be hell. She was sure of that..

She clutched the chain around her neck and tried to calm down but she couldn't stop crying unaware of the chocolate brown eyes watching her from a distance.

Arnav clenched his hand to suppress the weird long forgotten feeling arising in his chest..

Guilt..

God.

Why was he feeling like this.?

He should not feel guilt for what he said.

Girl's tears were always used to deceive.

He knew that very well then why the tears from her eyes has such strong reaction in his heart..

He may not admit to himself but his eyes drank her every reaction, from every tear to every hitch in her breath to the clutch of her chain.

Nothing escaped his eyes..

Unknowingly to him, his heart and mind for the first time in his life held the attraction to the same thing...

Khushi..

This khushi is going to be the reason he will spend sleepless nights..

This khushi is going to occupy the thoughts of his mind and longing in his heart.

He wanted to walk away and go home yet his legs didn't move. He watched her until she got up and left.

----------------------

Khushi washed her face and went to meet Buaji.

"How was the meeting with Arnav khushi..? Do you like him..? I don't want to force you to this marriage if you don't like him even though I want you to marry as soon as possible."

Khushi's hand trembled and she hid her hands behind her and clutched her dress tightly.

"It went well.. He was good Buaji.. He was a gentleman."

Buaji seemed satisfied with the answer. And she asked the question she hated to answer,

"Do you like him khushi..?"

"Y.. Ye.. Yes Buaji." Khushi replied with a strained smile on her face.

Buaji took her stuttering as shyness and told her with a smile,

"Good.. I am so relieved Khushi."

And Buaji decided to leave Khushi with her thoughts, without realizing she's going to make the biggest mistake in her ward's life..

The suffering and sadness Khushi was going to endure in the marriage life, the blame was going to be on her shoulders.

She may have raised her but never loved her..

The loveless child she watched grow up would suffer for the mistake she made, for the mistake her parents made, the mistake his soon to be husband gonna make.

Buaji turned to her before going towards the kitchen to prepare dinner, and told her,

"Oh.. I forgot to tell.. He said ok too.. And the marriage will be next week." with that she went.

Khushi's knees buckled and she fell down.

How can he say yes to this marriage..!

He hated her, from the look he gave, she could tell that he loathed her.

Her life was so messed up.

And the next week was her  marriage.

Why did he do that.?

-----------------

Arnav was in his office but his mind was not. He recalled telling his Nani and Di that he was ok with this marriage and the look of  lshock and surprise would have been amusing if he was in a good mood.

And he smirked thinking about saying them to arrange the marriage next week itself..

They were stunned, that would be an understatement..

And his smirk faltered when he thought about that.

Why did he agree to marry her. ?

He could have said something about the girl's character (The hazel eyes pierced his soul, the tears from those eyes clenched his heart painfully)...

No.. He shook his head to clear the confusing images..

Then why the sudden urge to marry her quickly and keep her with him and why he wanted to call her and hear the voice....

God..!

What was he thinking..?

He had a meeting to attend.

And a marriage contract to prepare..

Yes..

Just one more week, you'll be with me Khushi Kumari Gupta....