Chapter 21

..Marrying you is the BIGGEST mistake I did..

Chapter 21:

--------------------------

Khushi hastily thrown the saree she had worn for college today because of the fashion show to show off their own designs.

She then took her the toe length chudi  with full sleeves from her cupboard and wore it.

This dress had a high collar that would hide her neck.

She only had one like this one.

She never bothered with full sleeves. She regretted it now for not owning dresses like this.

She went to the restroom and washed her face, erasing the evidence of tears and went to sleep to hide the swollen, puffy eyes.

After evening, there was a pooja in the house so she can't attend that looking like this.

She had to convince Anjali Di and Nani to allow her to wear chudi.

It had never mattered but they will expect her to wear saree in these kind of days.

So, she slept for few hours and it wasn't a pleasant restful sleep.

She felt restless even in sleep.

She just willed her heart to stop it's uneven beats and wanting the fear to go away.

Anjali knocked the door and saw no one answering so she entered pushing the door, wondering why no one was answering.

She saw khushi sleeping on the bed and went to wake her up, seeing it's evening.

She allowed her to sleep when she came at noon hearing from Hariprakash that Khushi came home soon, assuming she must be tired.

Khushi woke up when she felt someone touchibg her and stopped the scream  rising in her, seeing it's Anjali Di.

“Di..?"

“Its evening Khushi. It's time to get ready for pooja."

“Yeah sorry Di. I will get ready."

Anjali put her hand on khushi's forehead and asked,

“Are you alright..?"

Khushi suppressed the sob.

No one nowadays asked her that question.

Such concern...

And that too for her..?

She nodded her head not wanting to say anything fearing her voice would betray her inner feelings somehow.

“Then, why did you come home earlier from college.? Are you well..?"

“I am fine Di. Its... It's because... today was just a function in college for showing our designs to professors, Di.."

“Oh.. Ok ok.. Go and get freshen up. I will select clothes for you on the bed."

Khushi nodded and went to freshen up.

After freshening up, khushi came and saw Anjali di taking a saree from cupboard.

Khushi quickly protested against it,

“Can I not wear it Di..?"

“But, Khushi.."

“Please di.."

“I don't have anything against your request Kushi but Nani wants you to wear saree because of this pooja as many guests will arrive.."

“Please Di.."