Chapter 27

Wait...What?

"What..? Why didn't you inform me di..? In fact why didn't anyone inform me Di?"

"Honestly chote.. We couldn't even reach you, We contacted to your Britain branch but they told me you are unavailable."

It must be while he was roaming around getting himself drunk into oblivion to forget his feelings for his wife.

Damn it..

He was not even here for her when she needed him the most.

She must have felt awful with his absence trying to reach him.

"Why did you leave suddenly after your honeymoon and not even a call Chote? You're so lucky that your wife is so understanding. She even said not to call you because you have gone to an important meeting."

What..?

What is going on with Khushi..?

Any normal person even if they're like a contract marriage wife, they will not be like this.

He sat down,putting his head in his hands.

Anjali too sat beside him.

"What's going on, chote?"

He sighed then looked at her,

"You know how I disappear for some days if I want to figure out something that's completely difficult andcomplicated."

"Oh chote.. Why do you do this? At least you should contact us once in a while. What if something happened to us? How will you know?" , his Di asked while ignoring what he wanted to figure out, knowing he won't answer.

"I am sorry Di.. I will never do this again.."

Arnav said promising himself.

"What happened to her buaji, Di?"

Arnav asked wanting to know before he goes to their room.

"She passed away a week before chote. Khushi came home from Darjeeling alone. She explained that you had very urgent business so you went to London. She seemed so silent, we wanted to cheer her up because she was missing you.. So Nani took her to meet with her Buaji. Her Buaji collapsed while speaking with them. She passed away on the way to hospital."

Di looked so sad and he felt so guilty, added to the guilt of abandoning her after kissing her.

"Poor Khushi..... She was so shocked and devastated. She didn't eat for two days and she pulled herself somewhat over a week. We were so frustrated not reaching you but she seemed so understanding towards you."

Di sighed and took his hands in her hold, looking at him,

"It was awful chote. There were not much relatives and Khushi seemed so alone like everything was over. It was scary and downright awful to see her sad after always seeing her smile. Take care of her chote.. I never wanted her to be sad."

"She didn't tell me even now.." Arnav muttered.

But his Di had heard that.

"I know chote. She is so understanding towards you and knows that work is important to you so she didn't want to burden you that's why I want you to take care of her."

"I will Di."

He gave an one armed hug to his Di and went to his room to find her doing something in her study room.

God! He hated that room. She always stays in there.

"What are you doing?"

Smooth ASR.. Very smooth.. Ugh..!