Chapter 14

She scrambled away from him quickly, saying sorry to him, in that process she didn't notice that she was sleeping at the end of the bed so she would have fallen on the floor if he didn't pull her against him by his hand which was already on her waist.

She landed on his chest and lifted her face to look at him, only to find him staring at her with an unreadable expression.

This time she slowly pulled away feeling his breath on her neck and cheeks.

"I am sorry sir. "

It broke Arnav's daze of soft body pressing against him, plum lips just inches from his, hazel eyes shyly not looking at him and drifting lower.

Arnav was surprised, of all the things he expected her to say, it was not sorry.

"For what..?" He asked, not yet releasing her from his hold.

"Umm.. This was the reason I felt uncomfortable to sleep in the same bed. I.. I cuddle pillows in my sleep."

Seeing her so innocent and dare he say it, cute apologizing for cuddling and that too biting her lower lip, he didn't say anything harsh and let her go, removing his hand from her waist.

"We will arrange something for this.. this.. Cuddling problem.. Ok..?"

"Ji."

With that she got up and went to wash room, taking away the wonderful vanilla scent and warmth from Arnav.

Arnav didn't like where this is going at all.

He gulped down his desire and got up to get ready for work.

He was buttoning his shirt, when she came from the dressing room.

His first thought was,

God..!

Why is she wearing saree....?

And exposing her milky waist....

How it will feel to caress it...

He scolded himself for giving into these kind of thoughts.

"Go and change your dress."

"Ji...?"

"You're married that doesn't mean you have to wear saree daily. You wear it if Nani compels you which I can assure you, she won't. "

"Yes sir."

She said in obvious relief, making him realize she doesn't usually wear saree.

She came out wearing a simple chudi.

Oh man!

Why was she beautiful in everything.

Why was he admiring her like this?

They went down for breakfast.

She did the rituals which was cooking for the first time in husband's house and went to the dining table.

Anjali sat beside her, grinning like a child, she leaned in and whispered in her ear, not loud enough to be heard by Nani who was sitting at head of the table, but loud enough to be heard by Arnav who sat on the other side besides her.

"Why do you seem tired khushi..? Didn't sleep well..? Or Arnav didn't let you sleep at all..? "

She blushed noticing the teasing tone in Anjali's voice.

Arnav almost groaned.

His Di was such a tease.

Looking at the lowered head and reddened cheeks, he couldn't help but admire the blush.