Chapter 10

How many days?

How many days do you think it takes to get a person destroyed?

A week?

A month?

Or maybe, A year?

But it took two days and within two days, just three meetings and her life was completely destroyed..

It shouldn’t have been this easy to destroy someone utterly, so thoroughly.

A girl stood before a ruined house, one hand with a luggage of what left in the destroyed house and another hand tightening on the person hand’s she is holding on to, contemplating what had she done to deserve this..

She was given no explanation and her life was destroyed just because something called chip which she didn’t know what it was or how it even looked. All she knew was some sort of chip she had leaked or something.

Annika was proved right again that she has a cursed fate.. She is undeserving of happiness for long time.

You should not sign a contract with grim reaper and her ill fate was sealed when she broke the devil’s car glasses.

First meeting, First day-Morning.. He came by a fancy car and made her hard earned money for months to pay her brother’s custody to disappear. He drove away the car by challenging that she will beg for forgiveness and he will grant her mercy in the name of money then only. He destroyed her will to live by ruining Saahil’s custody.

Second meeting, First day-Evening.. She was given a notice of her dismissal from the job she had been working on without any explanation. When she had gone to the boss cabin to demand why she was forced to quit, only stopping in shock, seeing him with glasses on, his legs on the table, leaning casually on the chair as if he owned the world, smirking at her. Annika stood strong, not willing to break down to his will. He said she will regret it when she had thrown the water in a glass nearby and went away with the last comment to her that she will never find a job anywhere. He destroyed her independency by taking her job.

Third meeting, Second day-Morning.. She was shocked to find her aunt selling their house and running away with money and was even more shocked when she was pushed out of her house along with Saahil. She didn’t have the time to realize what is going on, just like that, two bulldozers came and destroyed the house she had lived in and treasured for years. He stood there, still with his glasses on, leaning on his car, looking at the house destroying by the bulldozers as if it is some sort of entertainment to him with no expression or any regret that he is destroying someone’s home. He destroyed her safety and warmth of having a house to stay no matter what happens.

He moved towards her and finally looked at her, taking his glasses on, for the first time ever since their meeting, whenever they met, he always had his glasses on and even in that pool, it was without any lights and now she was struck by the color of his eyes… Azure.. His eyes penetrating, straight to her heart.. How could anyone be this cruel with those kind of eyes..? He was like a devil in the disguise of angel.

“You said I could never break you.. That I could never make you kneel.. Your money, job, house, now all gone and I don’t have to break you.. You’re already nothing without them. I usually don’t deal with lowly persons like you, but this is for my brother.”

He looked at her brother, taking his deep gaze away from her and turned towards his car but turned again to look at her one last time when he reached his car..

“You should have begged for mercy..” He looked strangely disappointed as if it is her fault that he destroyed her.

No one.. No one will make her kneel, least of all beg and that too for something she didn’t do. She had gone through so much, so much that nothing felt scarier anymore. So what, there will be some job she can earn from, there will be some place she can stay. She had never expected or accepted anyone’s help.