Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Om didn't know what was really going on. His father and Shivaay never argued and even if they argued it was not like this.

Because Shivaay was standing there, silently listening to the yelling from his father.

Shivaay never ever had an expression like that nor did he ever let anyone speak like that to him.

Shivaay even silenced Pinky aunty to not interfere between them.

Om remembered there was one time where Shivaay and his father disagreed and fought and that too for him.

~~~~Om was sitting in his room, looking at the idol he had made.

It was his first one. He had way more to learn. He want to go to the arts and music college for which he had worked hard. He had scored well in his twelfth grade.

Now everything has gone for waste..

His father was hell bent against everything. His father want him to study business and join the company as soon as possible.

Really, what did he expect...?

Om was not what his father wanted to be. He will never be like his father nor he has any interest in business.

More over, he had enough of this Oberoi, that Oberoi. He was going to stand on his own. He was going to earn his own money without any help from being an Oberoi..

But.... He cannot enter without finance support or without his father's permission. His father had even got admission in top college in London where Shivaay had studied without caring about his opinion..

He is not going..

He's definetly not leaving his home..

Om knew deep down that if he went to London, he won't survive. Om will die for sure.

Om got up and took an old book from his shelf and then took a paper out of the book.

It was his first picture....

It was his first attempt....

It was something that gave him strength when he was down.....

It was a picture he had drawn at the age of ten..

A clumsy attempt..

The picture was by no means called an art but it had everything in it.

Pain....

Love....

Emotions...

Tears...

Laughter...

The picture had everything in it...

It was the first time Rudra had witnessed their parent's fight, his mother going to her home while his father kept them home and Rudra was inconsolable. That's when the model student Shivaay who never took a day from school took two days off.

Shivaay had been the one to console them. Om was used to it but Rudra couldn't and Shivaay had took eight year old Rudra in his arms and consoled Rudra, distracted him, cooked for him, played with him all the day and even consoled Om along with Rudra..

Eventually Rudra fell asleep still in Shivaay's arms, refused to leave him and Shivaay sat on the sofa while Rudra slept in Shivaay's arms muttering,

“You're better mother and father than anyone, Shivaay bhaiyaa"

Rudra had mumbled in his sleep while Shivaay tightened his hold on his baby brother. Om could see Shivaay blinking his eyes repeatedly to keep the tears at bay.