IV - Hangover

The sound of my phones ringtone was the sound that woke me up, and amplified my already present hangover headache. Sitting up made it worse, and I clutched my head closing my eyes. After a few seconds of the loud phone blaring I finally decided to pick up.

"Hello?" I croaked; my voice hoarse.

"Julia?" It was my mom. My eyes widened, and the headache pain instantly vanished.

"Mom! Hey, hi." I breathed, trying my best to sound as casual as I could at 7.30AM.

"Hi honey, how is everything?"

My mom always made the habit to call every night and morning when she would go in a business trip, to make sure we weren't out rebelling or whatever. Usually she'd call with Skype, but she always called, one way or the other.

"Everything's as fine as it could be at seven in the morning." I replied sighing, rubbing my temples.

It was quiet for a while before she answered. "Okay. I'll call you later." She said. "Don't forget to water the plants, I'll call you on Skype."

"'Kay." I replied, hanging up instantly, dropping my phone onto the duvet.

I sighed and sulked for about five minutes before I finally got up to the bathroom to rinse my mouth. As much as I tried to avoid the mirror, I ended up glancing in it to see my usually straight hair to be frizzy and knotted. This was going to be a mess trying to fix. The little mascara I had put on last night has created dark circles under my eyes that I quickly swiped away with my thumb.

Before I made my way out of my room and down the stairs, I changed into short shorts and pulled on a tank top. I was rubbing my temples lightly trying to rid myself of the headache.

When I got downstairs, it was a mess. Empty red Dixie cups littered the wooden floors, different snacks that were provided last night were in crumbles on the furniture and floor, and a horrible stench of alcohol and something else that was sour and gross spread through the whole house.

I scrunched my nose, carefully avoiding spills of unidentified substances with my bare feet, making my way to the window to air everything out. I made sure all the windows were open before I walked to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. When I had opened the door to the kitchen, Lexi was sitting at the kitchen island, head in her hands, her blonde hair like a birds nest.

"Lexi?"

She looked up and smiled awkwardly when she saw me. Her blue eyes that were lined perfectly yesterday with a smoky eye look was now just black smudge down to her prominent cheek bones. She looked worse than I did, and I burst out laughing at the sight of her.

"Alright, okay, laugh it out, sleeping beauty." She said annoyed, but I knew she had a smile on her face.

"Oh my God, Lexi," I gasped in between laughs. "What happened to you?"

I had managed to catch my breath, still chuckling as I started making myself cereal. She sighed deeply, and put her head in her hands.

"Alcohol, that's what happened."

I turned to look at her so she could continue.

"Well, first I tried to hook up with Sammy, but Amber and her blonde slave's just fricken ruined everything and then I danced with Taylor and boy can he dance."

"You tried hooking up with Sammy?"

She nodded, guilty smile on her lips. "I was under the influence, Lia." She said, rolling her eyes. After a second of my are-you-serious look she caved, and admitted that he was cute. I laughed, sitting across from her with my bowl of cheerios.

"What happened with Taylor?"

She groaned, looking up at the ceiling. "That boy... he has moves, Lia. I swear he has moves."

"And it was going so well, too," she continued, shaking her head. "But then your idiot brother ruined everything."

"Wait- you mean Jack?" I said, lips turning into a grin, "how?"

"I don't know what it was, but he just started dancing with one of Amber's peasants like he was dry humping her, and like- I wouldn't even care, I mean what's it to me, right? But he was literally staring at me the whole time and it was so frustrating I just went outside for a breather and then Jack joined me, and well we..." She suddenly stopped her blabbering and blushed profusely.

"Did you guys make out?" I asked, my face contorted in disgust.

"Well obviously we made out." She rolled her eyes.

Wait a second. "Well then why," I started, referring to her blush.

"Oh my God!" I exclaimed, almost choking on my cereal. "Did you guys..."

"No!" She said eyes widening. "Oh God, no!"

Nervousness gone, I chuckled, and so did she.

"But you would tell me though, right?" I said after it was silent for a while.

She whipped her head to me with a raised brow, mouth full of cereal as she spoke. "You'd want to hear about me frick frackling your brother?"

I shuddered. "I don't care who it is, we tell each other everything." I said, half of it true, my face twisted, proving my half lie.

"Well, yesterday I actually gave him a -"

"Did you guys see that mess in the house?" Suddenly spoke a third voice from behind us. We whipped our heads around to see Jack Gilinsky in nothing but sweatpants hanging from his hips, hair disheveled.

I bit my lip at the sight of him, yesterday night coming back to me, how he had basically ruined my night. His dark eyes were staring at me, taunting smile on his lips as he looked at me and my hair. Bastard. I hated how he looked practically perfect; even in mornings, while I looked like a tramp. It wasn't fair.

"It's like a fucking pig stall, JJ(Jack Johnson) will shit his pants when he sees it." He continued.

"Good morning to you too, handsome." Lexi said, turning back to her cereal. "How's the hangover treating ya'?"

"Not too good, what about you?" He replied, walking to the fridge and pouring himself a glass of milk.

"Same here."

"What about you?" He said, staring at me over the rim of his glass.

"Major headache. Also sore in some places." I said, tauntingly. His eyes widened and he almost choked on his milk.

"Sore?!" He burst out, putting his milk down, coughing.

"Wait what?" Lexi announced, voice rising.

I shrugged, continuing with my cereal as they stared at me, waiting for me to elaborate. I didn't say anything, and just stared at my cereal.

"Lia what the hell?" Lexi demanded.

"Did you screw him?" Jack said next.

"Screwed who?" Lexi said, brows coming together.

"Jack?" A fourth voice said from behind us, and all of whipped our heads around again.

Standing at the kitchen door wearing nothing but one of Jacks T-shirts was Amber.