VII - Forgive and Forget

If there was one thing I hated, it was Monday's. Especially if your best friend forced you to go to a club the night before. So currently, I was sporting a hangover as I sat in Spanish class, the only class I had with Jack G. I had my head in my hands, my eyes closed as I tried to find inner peace, not letting the teachers annoying accent get to me. It was futile, though, as nothing could block her persistent squeaky voice.

"...And so in the Spanish language we pronounce the vowels differently. The I and E are opposite in the English language, so that confuses most of you," She blabbered on. "That is why most of you failed the -- Julia, sit up straight, please," I groaned lightly, sitting up straight as she continued.

A note folded into a flower I haven't seen before was on my empty notebook page, and I squinted my eyes suspiciously, looking up at the back of Jacks head. Ever since we were little kids Jack would fool around with origami whenever he was bored. Usually he'd throw them away but I told him instead of giving it to the trash can, to give it to me, and he did. He hasn't made origami for at least two years, so seeing the neatly folded flower on my desk was somewhat of a surprise.

A small smile threatened to display on my face, but I forced it back, reminding myself that I should be mad at Jack, and that it would take more than a stupid folded piece of paper to forgive him. If I ever would. It didn't take long before the bell rang (almost exploding my head with the sound) and I tossed the flower in to my backpack, only because it was pretty.

When school was finally over, Lexi met me at my locker to announce that she was going to Taylors house. I frowned, and shut my locker turning my full attention to her.

"What about Jack?" I asked her.

"What about him?" She replied, looking away. "He's not my boyfriend and we aren't dating, so what about him?"

I sighed. "Listen, you guys need to seriously have a talk because I don't think this is healthy."

"I have nothing to say to him." She nochelantly said. "But I can't give you a ride today so you'll have to take the bus."

"Whatever." I said, and gave her a hug before walking to the bathroom. I really had to pee, which I was supposed to do during seventh period, but my dumb ass teacher didn't let me. When I was done I made my way outside, shivering with the sudden cold. It probably wasn't even that cold, but I was more sensitive to the cold than other people.

When I rounded the corner to where the busses should be, I found the lot to be empty. I could see the last bus leaving the premises before dissapearing around the corner. Wait what?

I frowned, looking around to make sure I wasn't hallucinating or something, and realized it was actually, really empty. No other students were present so I guessed I took longer in the bathroom than usual.

"Well shit." I sighed after I realised I was walking. Usually I wouldn't mind walking, but it was pretty cold and I wasn't wearing my stupid jacket that I forgot this morning. I sighed once more before starting my little walk back to my house. While I was walking I took out my cellphone from my back pocket and plugged in my headphones before I realized a car was slowly driving beside me. I turned my head to see Jacks car driving as quick as my walking pace, before his window rolled down.

"Need a ride?" He said, me still walking, and him still driving at my pace.

I ignored him and kept walking, not looking his way.

"It's getting pretty cold, you know." He continued.

I continued ignoring him, until I felt a raindrop land on my already cold cheek.

No, no no, please mother nature don't do this to me, please help me out for once, I silently prayed. But ofcourse I didn't get my way, and before I knew it multiple more drops came falling down, having me dripping wet in less than ten seconds.

"It's raining, too." He said in a humourous voice. My house would still be about twenty minutes, and it wasn't pleasant in this rain, unless I wanted to be laying in bed sick for a week.

"I hate you." I muttered, before opening the stupid door to his stupid car and sitting down in his seat, causing an awkward sloshing sound. He rolled up the window and reached to his back seat before giving me a warm soft fuzzy blanket.

"You kept the flower." He stated after a while, as he turned on the heat.

I didn't say anything as I looked out the window, absorbing the warmth the blanket provided.

He sighed, and I knew he was looking at me. It was that odd feeling you always got when you could just sense their lazer like eyes watching you, even though you weren't even facing them.

"I didn't sleep with Amber." He said quietly. I turned to face him. "It's a long story, but I didn't."

I sighed, a weight I didn't know was on my shoulders suddenly lifted, as he turned to the road again. "I didn't sleep with Carter either, if that's what you were thinking."

His face whipped to me, with an odd grin on his face that I couldn't decipher, but I couldn't help and smile back.

"So we good?" He muttered after a while, trying to hold back the stupid grin on his stupid face.

I felt my cheeks heating up, and I didn't know why, but I smiled and nodded. "We good."