XVI - I Missed You

authors note:
i didn't edit this js
______________

The moment I stepped out of the yellow school bus I scanned the courtyard for the only face I was thinking about the past four hours. Jack Gilinsky.

He was no where to be seen, and I squinted my eyes in frustration. I wasn't giving up; if I didn't see him at school today I'd go to his house next.

"Julia!" I heard a voice call from behind me, and I turned to see Aunestie, wearing a sundress that really wasn't suited for school. But as usual, she pulled it off.

"Aunestie, hey."

She started walking with me towards the school entrance, asking me how my day was yesterday and if I slept well. It was ridiculous how much she cared, and she was easily the nicest girl I've ever met. Which is probably why she was with Jacob; he was the nicest guy I've ever met. They were perfect for each other.

"Have you seen Gilinsky?" I asked her, after saying I slept just fine. I knew it didn't sound like a nice move to ask about her ex, but she was too nice to hate him, or to hate anyone.

She frowned lightly before shaking her head. "You should check the gym, that's where he usually hangs out in the morning." She suggested with a smile, and I thanked her before I started my journey to the gym before the school bell would ring.

I had about ten minutes before it did and I just really needed to see him before that. It was oddly killing me not to see or talk to him and I was sick of it. I had no idea what I was going to say, but I didn't really care; I just needed to see him.

Sounds could be heard as I neared the gym, and I could instantly hear his loud laughter ringing through the doors. I bit my lip, before going inside and opening the doors. About a dozen guys were running around the gym playing ball, already at this time in the morning, and I could see Jack and his friends standing on the side, laughing about something one of them had said.

It was like a weight being lifted off my shoulders the moment I saw his face, my heart rate accelerating.

"And then the kid got kicked in the nuts because he didn't want her to blow him!" I heard Sam exclaim before they all erupted into laughter again, clutching their stomach and bending over.

I tried to be stealthy and unnoticeable as I walked along the walls toward him, trying not to be seen. No one seemed to notice my presence in the gym, and I was fine with that; I never liked being the center of attention. As I neared them Sam looked up, tears in his eyes from laughing, and he waved.

"What's up Julia?"

The moment Sam had said my name; Gilinsky looked up, all laughter gone in a whiff as he saw me. He smile completely faded, and I felt horrible as if I was intruding on their special time. I probably was, actually.

"Hey, Sam." I muttered awkwardly, coming to a stop in front of them. My eyes rolled to Jack, who wasn't looking at me, and I cleared my throat to try and get his attention. "Jack, can I talk to you for a sec?"

He took in a deep breath when I said his name, and he sighed.

"I'll um. I'll see you guys later." He excused himself from the group before following me outside, the wind meeting us the moment we left the gym.

We came to a stop and his hands went to his waist, still not meeting my gaze.

"Jack." I said, and he looked up, finally meeting my eyes. I took a deep breath, forcing myself to hold back a smile of happiness at seeing him, and took a step closer. "Why have you been avoiding me?"

He took his bottom lip between his teeth, looking around the courtyard from where we were standing. There weren't much people around, it was just us, and he stayed quiet.

My hands reached out to him and grasped his arm carefully, and he looked at me again. "Please," I begged. "Talk to me."

"I heard you're with him." He suddenly spoke, pulling his arm away, and taking a step back, looking anywhere but me, like I was too filthy to even look at.

He obviously meant Carter, there was no need to ask if that's who he meant.

"Yes, I am." I admitted. If this is why he was so mad at me, he seriously needed to stop being so immature. The only one in the wrong here was him for beating him up, but I wasn't going to say it because deep inside I kind of appreceated what he'd done for me.

He took a deep breath, briefly closing his eyes, still looking anywhere but me.

"Am I disgusting you or something?" I asked, pissed off at how he was treating me. This time he did turn to me, his eyes meeting mine, his entire expression softening. It hurt how he was acting like I was trash, stepping away from me and not even looking me in the eye.

"No, ofcourse not." He muttered, stepping closer to me, his eyes soft and his arms coming to embrace me.

I sucked in a deep breath as he pulled me into his chest, enveloping me in a hug, oddly filling the hole in my heart. The sudden comfort brought tears to my eyes for some reason and I started sniffing and crying into his shirt all of a sudden, putting my hands on his waist as I pulled him closer.

"I missed you." I whispered, crying into his shirt and he pulled away, shocked to see me crying. His thumb wiped away the tears and he pulled me in his embrace again, hushing me and stroking my hair in that comforting way he always did.

"Shh," He cooed, kissing the top of my head. "I'm here, okay?"

The bell rang, but we stayed in our tight embrace, me still sniffing lightly and him still comforting me. We stayed in the courtyard even after the tardy bell rang, eventually deciding to skip first period.

"I'm sorry okay, I was being stupid." He repeated for the fifth time this morning, holding my hand while we strolled under the bleachers on the football field. This field usually wasn't used until after school, so it was empty besides us.

I shook my head, giggling as he swayed our arms. "It's okay."

We took a seat in the grass under the bleachers where no one could see us, and he put his back pack under his head as he lay down, his head next to my crossed legs.

My fingers went to his hair, and I started combing through his thick strands, massaging his scalp as I went along. His eyes fluttered closed and we just set there like that, in total quiet, me humming lightly as he occasionally moaned when I tugged on his hairs a little.

"So why'd you break up with Aunestie?" I asked suddenly, and he opened one eye at me, smirking.

"Why do you wanna know?"

I shrugged, and he closed his eyes again as I continued playing with his hair.

"She was too easy. Gave me a blowjob on the first date." He muttered after a while, and my jaw dropped, fingers ceasing movement in his hair, causing him to open his eyes again. "What?"

I couldn't believe it. Aunestie gave him a blowjob on the first date?! I knew that girl wasn't as innocent as she seemed! I couldn't help myself as I started laughing, like really laughing, falling on my back into the grass as I laughed while he watched me with a smile.

"Doesn't look like the type does she?" He asked me with a grin as I sat up, catching my breath, and I shook my head, still chuckling.

"Absolutely not."

He shook his head at me, and he scooted closer to me, resting his head on my lap as I continued combing through his hair.

__________
authors note:
sorry this chapter sucks i kind of rushed it bc i didn't update in a while. ive been working on a new story and i have school work siGh

leave a voteee💕