XXII - Krispy Kreme

"I know I went too far, and I'm sorry. If you need time, I'll wait for you, but please, just don't give up on me just yet." Carter finished, his face flushed and sincere, the bruises Jack had left on him gone.

I had been trying all day to avoid him, even after working out a script for when he'd confront me. It took him five periods until he finally cornered me in an empty hall.

I stayed quiet and avoided eye contact until he grasped my hands, making me turn to him in shock.

"Please," He whispered.

My lip was taken between my teeth and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath.

"You cheated on me." I stated, my voice shaking. It wasn't because I hated leaving him or anything but it was just because I hated confrontation. Being put on a spot made me so uncomfortable it would sometimes put me to tears. Plus I had forgotten the entire script so I had to improvise.

Carter started shaking his head and I pulled my hands from his grasp.

"STOP LYING TO ME!" I screamed suddenly, my hands balling in fists as Carter flinched back. "I'm so sick of people thinking I'm just some girl they can fuck over constantly, I'm not a fucking idiot!"

"I'm not lying," He calmly said, his eyebrows furrowed and I felt a tear blur my vision.

"It's all you do! You told me you wouldn't press charges; and what did you do? You told me you didn't fucking cheat on me; but what did you do? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me; try to fool me three times? You're fucking pathetic!"

"But I didn't press charges..." He said, his expression both confused and sympathetic.

"Fuck you!" I scoffed sick of his lies and turning away as my tears started pouring down all at once. Since school was still happening and there still kids everywhere I rushed to the football field under the bleachers where I knew it would be empty and I cried silently, biting harshly on my lip to keep from crying.

I wasn't crying because I was sad, it was just whenever I got really mad, which was a pretty rare thing, tears would just jump from my eyes out of nowhere and once it started it was hard to hold back.

I had my head in my hands as I sat in the grass, starting to think about what Carter said. What did he mean with he didn't press charges?

Jack clearly mentioned it. Maybe they didn't know Carter wasn't actually pressing charges and just assumed the worst.

When I realized how pathetic I was being I took a deep breath and wiped my eyes and got up, making my way back to class quietly and quickly.

-

When school was over my brother decided to catch a ride with Lexi and since I didn't to third wheel my brother and best friend they had Jack bring me home in my brothers car.

"Are you okay?" He instantly asked, taking my hand when I neared him after Lexi's car drove away.

I gave him a reassuring smile and kissed his cheek.

"I'm fine, why do you ask?"

"Just wondering," He flashed a too big smile and leaned in to kiss me, but I quickly backed away, pushing his chest back. "What?" He asked immedeatly, pouting.

I laughed at him and shook my head, walking to the car and sitting in the passenger seat.

"Don't you wanna kiss my luscious lips?" He asked once he sat down in the drivers seat, turning to me and making a fishy face, puckering his lips.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up and drive."

As soon as I said it, I regretted it because almost immediately he started singing the song in a high pitched falsetto voice, making me groan.

After driving for ten minutes I sighed deeply.

"Pleeeeaaaaseeeee tell me where we're goingggg," I whined.

He chuckled. "Always so eager, young Julia. Always eager."

I frowned at him and looked at him weird.

"I'm going to kill you." He said a cold and serious tone, smirking evilly.

If I met him today I'd jump out the car in fear, but I've known him since I was a baby so I also knew he was a great actor and could flip a switch instantly to sound convincing with whatever role he chose.

"Fuck you." I rolled my eyes.

He started laughing and the car came to a stop. I looked at my surroundings to see we stopped by Krispy Kreme and I gasped, turning to Jack with a smile.

"Oh my fucking God."

I haven't had a fresh made donut in months and I felt warm and giddy already, smelling the delicious donuts from the parking lot.

I instantly jumped out the car, not even waiting for Jack and almost skipped to the front door, pressing my face against the glass where you could see the donuts being made as soon as I entered.

A hand was suddenly on my waist and I felt Jack's presence beside me. I turned to him with a grin and he smiled right back, and we just looked at each other and everything in the background faded and it sounds cliche and it actually is but it was perfect and I honestly loved the moment and smell and it was just perfect.

"Let's get you that donut." He somehow managed to whisper seductively in my ear, making me laugh out loudly and we bought a dozen glaze before driving back home.

-------

authors note;

this chapter is probably the worst i have ever written but i just felt like i had to upload something because i havent uploaded in a really long time because of just allot of shitty issues but yes whatever i hoped you liked it even though it's bull feces!!!!!

(and i hit 28k what the fucksjxjkx thank you guys i love you so much jfc)