XXXIV - Punch

Julia's POV

I sat on the couch with my warm fuzzy blanket around me, a bowl of cookie dough in my lap. April and Nesmay were right with me watching The Breakfast Club which was my favorite movie after having made me the cookie dough. The bucket of ice cream was empty on the table beside me and we were just having a content typical heartbreak day. April apparently slept with Josh as well but she was prepared for the one night stand thing. Nesmay had to cancel a date she had with Cameron to comfort me which made me cry after having put on my make up. I decided I'd just stay home and I just focused on the movie and the cookie dough. After I got out the shower April and Nesmay made me explain what happened since they could instantly something was off. I texted Lexi my address because I just wasn't ready to leave the house today and she agreed to come over.

"You know you never told me how it went with Josh." I said, turning to April.

She blushed in my direction and looked away. "Right. Josh... It was good."

Nesmay made eye contact and we both frowned as if to say "really?"

"That's it?" Nesmay piped up. "Details, come on April!" She continued after April stayed quiet.

A deep sigh left her lips and she got up from the seat. "I want some coffee. anyone want coffee?"

"Don't change the subject you sly dog you." Nesmay said. "Yes to the coffee though." I piped up for both of our sake.

Another groan could be heard before she started explaining, "Well at one point we couldn't find Nesmay and Cam and he was feeling a little sick so we went outside. He showed me a bunch of constellations and we were both too drunk to drive so we just walked to where his dorm would be, singing and just being drunk, really. And when we got to his dorm we... well we- you know." She stopped with a stutter.

"Was he big?" I asked with a mouth full of cookie dough. Nesmay snorted.

"Oh my fucking god Jules," I could practically hear April roll her eyes. "I'm not answering that, but yes, he fucking was."

Nesmay and I burst out laughing before someone knocked on the door. Since Nesmay and I were on the couch, naturally April was the one who had to get it.

"It's probably Lexi!" I piped up, a smile coming on my lips when I said it.

I heard a deep voice at the door but tried to block it out to pay attention to my movie and cookie dough. Gotta have complete silence (except for your movie) to enjoy a good bowl of cookie dough.

"Julia, it's for you!" April called, and I turned away from the TV, getting up and writing my blanket around me. At the door stood April and next to her a familiar dark haired boy.

Gilinsky's POV
I held an icepack under my swollen eye sitting across from Jack who was holding one against his nose. He stared at me with the most pissed off look I have ever seen on him. Never had we been in a fist fight. We argued all the time but we never turned to violence.

Lexi was sitting next to Jack, never going easy with her scowl. With these two it was impossible not to feel guilty. I was already feeling guilty but hitting the gym made me feel slightly better. Slightly better as in I got to forget about it for a split second before it came back to hit me twice as hard.

I fucking loved her with all my being and that's probably why I fucked up. I had the habit of fucking up all good things in my life so obviously Julia got hurt. The very reason I haven't called her since she left and the very reason I broke it off in the first place.

"What did you do, man?" My best friend asked, his voice scruffy and tired and angry. I couldn't put into words how much I hated myself at the moment. The look in her eyes when she told me how I fucked everything up. How her voice broke. The tears falling down her rosy cheeks.

I knew I fucked up last time. I knew I did, but this time was a million times worse. I made her trust me. She gave me all she had. Me. And in return I ripped the trust to shreds. For a few fucking bucks. I was fucking pathetic.

"Fuck." My voice cracked, and my head was hidden in my hand, my other hand pulling on my hair. I could feel my throat aching and my nose tingling. I haven't cried for years. The last time I came close was when Julia left for California.

"We made this bet, like we always do," I started, tone wavering a little. I needed to get my fucking shit together. "But it was before we knew who it was, and we bet like a hundred bucks. I thought he forgot about it but in the morning he called me and I just figured might as well win a few bucks, you know? I didn't even tell him anything I just said I came through, I didn't think she was awake to hear... I was gonna make her breakfast and everything..." I trailed off, squeezing the bridge of my nose trying to get Julia's breaking voice out of my fucking head. "Look I know you'll want me to stay away from her, I will. I'll never talk to her again, okay? You don't need to tell me twice, I know I fucked up."

The moment I looked up a punch flew across the coffee table and into my jaw, knocking me right off the couch. When I collected my shock and looked up I saw no one other than Lexi standing over me.

"The hell you will you pathetic bitch!" She yelled as I scrambled to sit up. "You're gonna apologize to her and do whatever the hell it takes to be forgiven by her and then, when she forgave you, you can jump off a bridge for all I care but she deserves at least that for what you did to her."

My breath was stuck in my throat as I just looked at her.

"She won't forgive me," I started, and her foot came down on my crotch. I cried out and grasped my balls for the second time today. It hasn't been five hours since the ball breaking kneeing of Julia, and now it was Lexi. Are you fucking serious?!

"Well then you better do everything in your might so that she just wont have a choice, right? And you can start with Johnson." She turned an walked out of my sight.

"It's about time I leave, don't kill each other while I'm gone."

"So you just get to physically abuse me and leave?!" I yelled out, still clutching my balls. I was never gonna be able to reproduce with people who assaulted balls for a living were my friends.

"Where are you going?" I heard Johnson ask, ignoring my agonizingly slow death.

"To see an old friend." She said before heading out, leaving me still clutching my shattered balls on the floor with Jack who was sure to fry the remaining bits. I was screwed.

------
authors not(e)
sucky chapter sorry i always make you guys wait 666 years

anyway thanks so much for each and every vote and comment and fan it means so much, you guys comments give me life <3 thanks for reading luv ya