XXIX - Reunion

authors note:
photo of nesmay aka zoey deutch up there (-:
----
After the ceremony, which included the ritual cap throwing and million photos and crying mother it was time for the stupid lunch date that I really wasn't looking forward to.

Currently April, Nesmay and I were in my car on our way to the restaurant after having changed our clothes with the spare ones we brought. I was starting to get annoyed with all their blabbering, Nesmay explaining the appearance to April who was very excited and very sexually deprived for college boys. I had to admit, I sometimes did feel like a cuddle buddy or a make out buddy, but my stupid self didn't want anyone but Jack Gilinsky. I could have had tons of boyfriends considering the amount of boys that asked me but none of them really sparked my interest.

"Turn here." Nesmay piped up from the back seat, pointing at a cute little cafe. "That's the one. Cute right?"

I quickly found a parking spot as it wasn't a very busy cafe and we all got out and made our way inside.

Almost instantly Nesmay's face broke out in a huge gigantic grin when her eyes landed on her boyfriend, quickly making her way over to him and hugging him tightly.

April and I gave each other a look and we followed behind her to the booth in the corner.

When they broke up their hug she gave him a quick kiss on his cheek and turned to us.

"April, Julia, this is Cameron, Cameron, this is April and Julia." She introduced, pointing at each of us when necessary.

"Nice to meet you." He said with an attractive smile, shaking our hands. I inwardly laughed at the hand shake and he turned to a guy sitting in the booth that smiled at us. "This is my friend Josh. He's single and likes cats. The other dude went to take a piss but he'll join us eventually. We waited for you before we ordered." He turned to Nesmay who he still half hugged. They looked perfect for each other and I felt jealousy sparking up in the pit of my stomach.

"Dibs." April whispered as she winked at the Josh kid, who smiled lopsidedly at her before she scooted in the booth next to him, instantly getting her flirt game on.

I sighed and scooted in next to her about a foot away so she still had her space and pulled out my phone, regretting my decision to give into the peer pressure. I could be at home watching Netflix with a box of cheap Krispy Kreme donuts, but no. Nesmay and Cameron sat down across from us and I realized the only open seat was next to me, meaning whoever was in that bathroom had no choice but to sit next to me. Shit.

"Ah, there he is." Cameron spoke up after the waitress left the menus at the table, and I turned to see some tall kid walking towards us with his head down on his phone.

I squinted my eyes. From this far he kinda looked like Jack. I laughed inwardly. Of course it wasn't Jack. I was just being delusional. But it could be Jack. Why wouldn't it be? A college guy... In California... But there were millions of college guys it wasn't him.
My breath hitched in my dry throat, my heart beat a million times quicker than it usually beat.

He looked up from his phone when he was close enough, making my lips part, and my heart stop. Those familiar brown eyes.

"Everybody, this is Jack, Jack this is everyone." I faintly heard Cameron say in the background of the buzzing sound in my ears. When his eyes connected to mine they widened in size. A shiver travelled deliciously from my toes all the way up through my veins to the tip of my head.

"Julia?" I heard him whisper. It was probably under his breath and he probably couldn't hear it himself but despite the loud buzzing I heard it perfectly.

Suddenly I felt the pancakes I had eaten earlier rise up and I quickly got up from my seat and rushed past him outside, faintly hearing him call out my name.