[19]

— gone

"It's already been years since your funeral, but I still can't stop thinking about you."

Jennie

The monster was recently out of jail which angered everyone around the world, but I took it as an advantage. It's already been years since Eunmi's death, and since our disbandment, yes it's very tragic. Instead of continuing solo, I decided to become a detective, pulling every file on Eunmi's case and my parent's. "Jennie"

"Yes" "Here's the file you asked for."

"Thank you Donghun" He sat beside me and started to work as well. 

"Jennie?" I responded with  a hum.

"That's you!"

I looked at the picture he was holding up, "Yes that's me, I was the child that survived the accident." 

He then looked at me, like a child wanting to hear a story. I sighed putting my files down and facing him. 

"It started years ago, my parents owned a business enterprise, one of the largest companies in the country. At one point my parents had to get rid of the employees, not because they weren't working, but for our safety." "What do you mean? It said in the files that your parents abused their employees." "Do you truly believe in what the files say? Most of them were rushed just so the case could be closed, and this was one of them."

He made an o with his mouth, "continue".

"Some of the employees were apart of some violence gang, they would take the money they earned, go to the club to gamble their money, and start to fight one another for money."

I grabbed the file and pointed towards the list that has the "proof" that my parents were apart of this violence, "Where it says, "there was a room, dark and filled with noise", that's referred to the club. 

"We would only get some money because, the Kim's would take most of it." This is about the gambling, where they lose their money to one another. 

"They would beat us up with whips if we didn't provide more money." Remember how I said they would fight one another during the gambling?" "Yes" 

"They were fighting one another for more money, and if they couldn't pay the ransom, there was a time frame for when the money is due. And if they didn't hit the deadline, they would be beaten."

"I see, so is this why you chose this case? To avenge your parents?"

"No, I want to find more information about this Minji."

"So far I found that her parents were apart of the employee group that your parents fired. And wait."

I stared at him waiting for an answer, "She's related to Park Chanyeol."

He then pointed at the screen so I could see it myself. No wonder he was always staring at Eunmi. I ruffled my hair in frustration and without thinking, I grabbed Donghun's face and kissed him. "Thanks Dongi"

I ran outside with my coat towards the bus, thinking about what I just did. "Dumbass"

The bus stopped 20 minutes later, I looked at the nice house and walked towards the door.

no one's pov:

At the same time as Jennie was approaching the door, Jungkook was walking in a busy street. He still couldn't cope with Eunmi's death.

Jennie knocked on the door to see a shocked Chanyeol, "We need to clear this up."

The boy held his hand out towards the inside of the house, "Come in" 

Minutes passed by, and Chanyeol refused to believe what the girl said, and instead he walked to the kitchen, grabbing the clear container and pouring the content into the glass of water. He smirked and walked back to the girl handing the water to her. She drank it silently, and suddenly fell.

Jungkook on the other hand, was standing on the street's edge, looking at all the cars, and started walking into the center, "No one would be sad if I wasn't around anyways."

crash