[f i n a l]

— euphoria

"The people I loved the most, withered away like the petals from a dead flower

"The people I loved the most, withered away like the petals from a dead flower."

no one's pov

Jungkook placed the flower on the bed that Yoongi once laid on, and started to make his way up the stairs towards the rooftop. Tears stained his cheeks while he was sniffling to stop them. The sky was the same color from his dreams, a yellow tape marked every side of the roof, 'caution'. He just ripped it all while crying even harder. Wiping the tears he took small steps towards the edge of the wall. Holding out both of his hands for balance, that gave him the idea that he could die with just one step. He could see the view of the meadow, with flowers and the patients playing. There the girl from yesterday was playing a different song, but the same flower scent filled the air. He turned to the other side and saw a beach, a bitter smile was placed on his face. "We weren't able to go to the beach after all this time." He took a small step closer to feel a cold hug. Turning around to see Eunmi, the boy touched her face and held onto her hand. "Are you ready Kookie?"

"I'm ready"

"Are you sure? Why would you take a step for me?"

"Because you're the cause of my euphoria" He smiled at the girl who smiled back tenderly.

"What was it that I said when I crossed the street in my dream? No one would be sad if I was not around anyway"

The cold air hit his face as he took one step off, and to the ground.

the staff found his body hours later, due to it being his lunch time. They found him smiling with a flower drenched in blood.

suicide

COMPLETED: 6.28.2018

EDITED: 6.9.2019