Chapter 15 (Part 1)

Chapter 15

*Victoria*

I sit on my bed as I look out the window at the falling snow. The sky is cast white and the snow is so heavy it's hard to see the buildings across the street. Classes have been cancelled today due to the heavy snowfall, making Nadine and I stranded in our small dorm. She's surrendered her day over to studying for our finals next week. I should be doing the same, normally I would be, but sulking has won over again today.

All I can think about are the days like these I used to spend with Colton in the past. We'd spend the day together cuddled up and drinking hot chocolate as we watched movies. We might even go outside and have a snowball fight. He'd make me laugh in a way no one else ever could, and despite the cold, he'd make me feel warm all over. It's been three weeks and I'm still moping around about our breakup as if he was the one to end things and not me.

"Another cup of coco?" Nadine asks as she gets up from her desk.

"Yeah, thanks." I respond as I hand over my empty mug.

"Are you okay? You've been looking out that window all day. Did you forget that finals are next week? It worries me when I don't see you study."

"I'm fine." I lie. "I just like looking at the snow. It's relaxing."

"I know you're lying to me." She looks at me with raised brows. "I've been your roommate and best friend for two years now. I know when there's something wrong." I sigh as I look back towards the window. I hate talking about my breakup with her. At this point it would just sound like complaining. She should be focused on her relationship with Donovan, not my broken one. "Is it Colton or the ex?" She asks.

"What if I say it's neither?"

"I'd say you're lying again." She brings over my now filled mug and hands it to me as she sits beside me on my bed. "Three weeks ago you broke up with, and I quote, 'the most perfect man you would ever find'. And on top of that, you've just realized that the ex from two years ago potentially has a huge thing for you. There are two guys after your heart, and while some girls would kill to be in your position, I'm sure it's a really confusing and frustrating situation to deal with. As your best friend, it's my job to help you through this. So please talk to me?"

"There's really nothing you haven't heard." I shrug.

"Okay. Then tell me again. Tell me as many times as you need to until you start to feel better. You used to be so happy all the time, and now I rarely get to see any sign of happiness on your face. I want my best friend back, so if I can help you through this then I will."

I sigh as I realize she's battling her stubbornness against mine. She's not going to let this go, and she'll sit here pestering me all day if she has to.

"I miss Colton." I admit quietly, my cheeks suddenly warming at the confession. "I know it's ridiculous, since it was me who ended things. But every little thing I do reminds me of him in some way. I'm beginning to wonder if I made the right choice ending things between us."

"Hm." She says with a small nod as she takes a sip of her hot chocolate. "Well, I can't tell you whether you made the right choice or not. That's for you to decide. But I can tell you that it's okay to miss him. You've had him around for two years. It's going to take time for you to get used to not having him around. Have you considered just going back to being friends?"

"Friends?" I look at her with raised brows. "I can barely look at him without freezing up. Just thinking about him breaks me down. There's no way we can go back to being friends."