Chapter 25

Chapter 25

*Victoria*

After enjoying our pancakes Sophie and I head out to the park for ice skating. When there, we immediately rent some skates and get on the ice. Just like before, I hold Sophie's hands tightly as she tries to keep her balance. Despite her slips and stumbles, the large smile never leaves her face.

"I want to be good at ice skating like you Vicky." She says. "If I keep practicing, I know I can be good too."

"You're absolutely right. Practice makes perfect."

"Daddy should practice too. He's bad at ice skating."

"Really?" I asked, stunned. As much as Sophie loves to come here, I'd think he brought her all the time. I guess Grace is usually the one to bring her.

"The last time Daddy ice skated, he slipped and slipped and then he went splat!" She laughs, causing her to wobble off balance. "It was so funny."

Who would have thought the sports athlete would be so bad at ice skating. I figured he'd excel at every sport. I guess he's better on grass than he is on ice.

"If that's the case, maybe next time we can bring him along so he can get more practice too."

"That's a good idea." She giggles.

After a couple hours on the ice, we both decide to take a break and get some hot coco. I order to cups, both with extra marshmallows. We find an empty bench and sit. Sophie takes a cautious sip of the hot coco. When she pulls the cup away, a chocolatey foam mustache remains on her upper lip. I smile at the adorable image.

"Mmm." She sighs.

"Good?" I ask, taking a sip of mine.

"Mhm." She nods. "Chocolate is always good. It's my favorite thing ever! Did you know that you can even put chocolate on fruits too? Daddy let me try a chocolate covered strawberry one time and it was so good! Like craaazy good! I could eat it every day all the time." She sighs with delight. "But mommy and daddy said I can't." She shrugs, the corners of her mouth curving down in the smallest frown.

"Want to get some after we're finished here?" I ask. Her eyes light up at my question. "I know a dessert shop that sells the most perfect chocolate covered strawberries in the world."

"Yeah!" She exclaims, nearly screaming. "Let's go, let's go."

"Alright, alright." I laugh at her excitement. "Finish your coco first."

"Victoria?" Someone says. I look over to see Valentina, Colton's sister. It's been a while since I've seen her. Honestly, now that Colton and I are no longer together, I never thought I'd see her again. What are the chances that I'd see her here?

"Valentina, hey." I greet her. "It's been a while."
"You broke my brother's heart." She snaps with a frown. Her accusation catches me off guard. It makes sense she'd be upset with me. She's really close with Colton and I did break his heart like she said. I can't blame her for being sensitive about what I did. "How could you do that to him? He thought you were his forever."

"It just didn't work out Valentina. It happens."

"I really liked you Victoria. You and my brother were great together. It seemed like you were made for each other. I'd never seen Colton as happy as he was with you. You should feel guilty for what you did."