Chapter 7

Stepping into the ballroom, everyone had their attention on Sehun and Yoona, who were holding hands.

"Who is she?"

"She's beautiful."

"I've never seen Mr Oh close to any lady before."

Yoona felt anxious. She can't help but to tighten her grip. Sehun felt Yoona's anxiety, he lightly squeezed her hands and looked at her.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here."

Somehow those words calmed Yoona's heavy heart. Just a few hours, then we'll go back.

"Who is this lady?" A woman in her 30s asked.

"She is Yoona, Mrs Kim."

"Such a beautiful girl. Well nice to meet you, Yoona. Which family are you from?"

"Nice to meet you, Mrs Kim. I-I am an o-orphan." She replied softly.

Everyone heard her and they started gossiping about her.

"What? Did I misheard? An orphan?"

"Mr Oh's girlfriend is an orphan?"

"He deserves better!"

What everyone said literally broke Yoona's heart. She wasn't disappointed because people said she doesn't deserve Sehun, she was sad because everyone looked at her differently just because she is an orphan. She definitely didn't do anything wrong. They shouldn't say that.

Yoona tried to be strong, but she was at the edge of tears.

Sehun noticed her change of expression, so he immediately stood in front of her, shielding her from anymore comments.

"No one is allowed to discriminate her like that! If I heard anyone talking about her anymore, I will not care which company, I will put all of them to bankruptcy! Every one of you knows very well I can do that."

The crowd became silence instantly. Shutting up to prevent from causing their own company facing bankrupt.

For the first time, Yoona actually felt secured. She felt protected, someone protecting her from the bad.

Satisfied with the silence, Sehun pulled Yoona to grab some food.

In the midst of taking food, someone talked to Sehun, leaving Yoona alone.

"Sehun's girlfriend, Yoona, that's your name, am I right?" A young man around Sehun's age approached her.

"Y-yes."

"Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Jong In, you can just call me Kai."

"Nice to meet you, Kai."

"I wonder what does Sehun like about you."

"I'm actually not his girlfriend..." Yoona muttered quietly, but unfortunately he heard it.

"Not his girlfriend? Then what are you good at, leaving Sehun fond of you?"

Yoona kept quiet, she didn't want to tell them about his disease just to explain about her situation.

Kai stepped closer to her, whispering into her ears. "Perhaps you're good on bed?" Then he grabbed her waist and slammed their bodies together. "I would like to try it too." He smirked.

Her heart was breaking apart, he doesn't have any rights to discriminate her like that.

Just as she pushed him away, a punch flew right onto Kai's face. Gasps were heard throught the ballroom.

"Sehun!"