Chapter 15

The day after Yoona met Taeyeon's brother, Taeyeon requested him to come over more often which he did. It had been 5 weeks since she stayed in Taeyeon's house, and her brother came over to visit them everyday for 3 weeks straight. She opened up a little more, thanks to Taeyeon's brother's effort. But despite that, she stayed quite some distance with him and feels panic and anxious when he came closer to a certain distance. Taeyeon's brother was determined to push Yoona more, but instead, Taeyeon thought of an idea.

"Yoona-yah, come here."

She approached Taeyeon and her brother on the couch. Her brother knowingly sat further from Yoona and Taeyeon. Yoona gave him a small smile and turned to Taeyeon.

"Do you remember him?" Taeyeon was holding Yoona's phone which was showing Luhan's photo.

The photo was taken when Luhan was sitting on the couch, thinking so deeply in his own world and suddenly pouting. She found him cute and funny so she took a photo.

"Luhan..."

"What do you remember about him, noona?"

"He is a good friend...and brother..."

This time, Taeyeon opened a picture of Sehun in Yoona's phone gallery.

"How about him?"

Yoona took the photo when Sehun was eating a cake oh-so-clumsily with cream on his nose.

"S-Sehun..."

"What did you remember about him?"

Yoona felt tears welling in her eyes when she remembered that suffering night.

"Yoona, listen to me." Taeyeon held onto her shoulders.

"I know you suffered a lot that night, but you need to understand Sehun. I know he was wrong, he was very wrong indeed, and he felt very guilty after. But you do know he actually loves you very much and protects you a lot, right?"

He does seem to love me very much...He brings me the said food when I'm craving...He protected me when people discriminated me...He brought me to places I wanted to go...I feel warm and secured when I am with him...

"I guess so..." Yoona mumbled.

"To be honest, do you miss Sehun?"

"Kind of..."

"So what do you think?"

"Should I go back to him...?"

"I know you can do it. I have your back." Taeyeon hugged Yoona.

-

Few days later, Taeyeon brought her to Sehun's mansion when Yoona said she was ready.

"Sehun, she's here. Stay calm and don't scare her, she just started recovering. I'll leave you two." Luhan smiled at Yoona and left the room.

Sehun was standing near the window while Yoona remained stood by the door.

His heart was thumping so fast, it could jump out from his rib cage anytime. It had been 2 months, he missed Yoona so much. Her smiles, her unique laugh, their daily bickering, he wanted to hug her so tightly.

"Yoona, I missed you so much." Sehun started stepping forward.

Yoona started gripping tightly onto the hem of her shirt. Until a certain distance, she stepped backwards. Her shirt already wrinkled from her tight grip and her breathing became heavy and unsteady. Sehun saw her feeling anxious and found that distance was her limit for the moment.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll step backwards."

They stared at each other for a brief moment. Yoona calmed down and examined his features. Nothing has changed. He is still so handsome.

Sehun stared at her adoringly and grinned sincerely. I'm so sorry, please forgive me and come back to me. I miss you.

Yoona slowly stepped forward. Every step she took, the both of them felt their heart rates increased. Until there was only less than two meters between them, she stopped and looked at him.

"S-Sehun..."

He raised his eyebrows and gave her a small smile, gesturing her to continue. But instead, Yoona stepped a step forward and hugged Sehun by his waist.

Sehun felt his heart exploded in happiness. Does this mean Yoona forgave me?

He immediately returned the hug and she looked up at him.

"I-I'm s-sorry..." She stammered.