Polar Chapter 1

Polar was flying above the frosty expanse of land in the dead of night. He was half Frost and half Night, but he always looked strange in other dragon's eyes. He was an icy white, and his horns, claws and spikes jet black. He had three dark markings on his wings. He was always thinking about his parents, Hail and Moontalon.

He was always wasn't happy at home, so he was always outside, and exploring. He also went to Peace Acadomy sometimes, but only if it was a life-death emergency (example, being chased by a killer).

He looked down at the frozen wasteland, pondering. It's so... empty. Not like my dad described it. His father had told him the palace wasn't very far from the border, and that it was breathtaking. He said it was made of pure ice, carved out of a giant glacier. Polar bears, walruses, penguins and fish were plentiful.

Polar eyed the land with curiosity, but found nothing. The land was bare and empty, seeming to have lost the plentiful life his father had described.

Where is the Frost Cliff? My dad said it would be hiding the palace. Then he gasped. The cliff was a glacier, carved with many ice related depictions. There were what seemed to be love stories, great sadness and peace. Their history, Polar realized as he remembered some of the Frost history.

It was beautiful, sad, and most of the time, tales of power and greatness. As his eyes searched over it, he saw something that shouldn't be there. A small carved out cave, big enough to fit 20 dragons. He was surprised to find non-Frost Dragons in the cave.