Polar Chapter 12

Polar looked around for any chances of escape. He thought of setting the cage on fire, then remembered that the cage, with him in it, would burn to the ground.

Also the jungle. That would also burn.

Then he thought about the queen. If he found a cure for whatever sickness she had, he would be free.

Polar flicked up his ears in surprise when Stora casually walked in, now with three Forest dragon guards. She saw Polar sitting there in his cage.

"What did you do?" She said in an accusing tone.

"I swear I did nothing. She captured me and the only way I can get out is to find a cure for Queen Bloom," Polar whispered back.

"Well, if it isn't Stora,"Princess Lilac hissed, spitting out Stora's name like it was poison.

"It is an displeasure to see you too Lilac," Stora hissed, enthesizing the words see and Lilac with even more poison in her voice, and a look of hatred that could kill a normal dragon.

"I can heal your mother, if you agree to side with me during war, and to release my friend," Stora proposed.

Lilac looked at Stora with hatred in her eyes.

"Fine," she growled.

Stora walked into Queen Bloom's room, and muttered a few words that Polar didn't hear. The Queen shot up from her bed, and immediately ran to her daughter.

"Now, release my friend," Stora commanded.

"No," Lilac said firmly.

Stora growled. As she growled, it got louder, until it was a roar. It shocked all of the dragons in the room, opening Polar's cage and  causing the group's getaway to be easy.

"See you have some history," Polar commented.

"Don't start prying into my private business," Stora said, obviously hurting inside.

"Forget I said anything," Polar apologised.

Stora just shook her head. She started to cry as she flew, her tears pricked the terrain, like little thumb tacks on a board inside an office.

Polar wiped away her tears with his talons, being careful not to cut her.

"It's okay, I'm here for you, whenever you need me," Polar said sympitheticly.

She smiled up at him with tears filling her blind eyes.

"Thanks," she whispered, "For everything." She wrapped her wings around him.

He looked down at her.

"She was the one that blinded me. She took away my eyesight, saying it was a necessary sacrifice for my life here in the rainforest," Stora said.

"Sorry I asked," Polar apologised.

"No it's okay," Stora said,continuing her story, "Then the bats took me in. I was still getting used to my lack of eyesight. But they taught me eco-location. Jokes on her when she found out."

Stora gave a little, pained smile. Polar blushed. He had taken a liking to a certain blind dragon.