Chapter 3

*Michael's POV*

I didn't know much about the girl in the elevator except that she was absolutely gorgeous.

Her shiny, brown hair was in loose curls. Her brown eyes sparkled like the most crystal clear diamonds. Her perfectly straight nose and full pink lips, all tied together with her olive skin tone- was the epitome of perfection.

When I walked in and saw her, I immediately tried to strike up a conversation. She didn't really seem interested if anything she looked as if she had just seen a ghost. I would love to boost my confidence by imagining that she was mesmerized by my looks, but that couldn't possibly be the case. I'm a 47-year-old man- and most people can easily tell. She looked as if she was in her very early 20s at the most. A young, beautiful girl like her wouldn't want anything to do with an old guy like me.

As much as she was beautiful, she was painfully awkward- I found that really cute. When she fell, I jumped on the opportunity to touch her. I just needed to because I knew we probably wouldn't ever see each other again. I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot to remove my hand from her. She seemed uncomfortable and that's when I realized. "She probably thinks I'm just some creepy, old man." I thought to myself.

I laugh at my naïvety as I reach the door to my office.

"A man can dream." I say to myself as I shut the door behind me and get ready for my next appointment.

*Nicole's POV*

The doors open up to reveal floor 10. Just to think, this is where that good looking man got off- he's somewhere on this floor. The fact I have no idea where makes my heart ache.

"Okay, room 77- where are you?" I whisper to myself.

I walk by every room, scanning the plaques on the walls.

71, 73, 75- 77!

The plaque reads "Michael J. Jackson"

I feel my heart rate begin to quicken as I reach my first to the door to give it a light knock.

Knock, knock, knock.

"Come in!" says a soft voice.

Oh my God- could the person on the other side of the door be who I think it is?

I reach for the doorknob and slowly turn the handle- the door opening with a long creaking noise. I stick my head in to take a peek inside the room and I am absolutely floored by what I see.

The same beautiful man from the elevator just moments ago was sitting right before me. I couldn't believe my eyes- this was almost like something out of a movie. He must've been surprised to see me because he immediately jumped out of his chair like I was an intruder or something.

"Oh my God, hi!" he says walking towards me with his hands in his pockets.

"Hi." I say with a small wave.

"Well we've kind of already met, but I'm guessing your name must be Nicole?"

I half smile and nod my head "Yup."

He flashes a huge smile and extends his hand "I'm Michael."

"Nice to meet you- again." I laugh and reach out and grab his large hand. The second we make contact, a thousand shockwaves course through my body. His grip was firm, his hands soft and warm. I didn't want to let go. For some strange reason, his touch gave me a sense of security.

He releases my hand and gestures to the couch behind him "Please, sit." he says placing his hand on the small of my back for the second time today.