Chapter 31

*Nicole's POV*

I run outside into the pouring rain and instantly began bawling my eyes out.

All I did was reject his proposal and that was enough to set him off? I thought the reasoning for my answer would be enough for him to understand my point of view, but evidently not.

It's not like I said I would never marry him- I'm just not ready yet. Can't he understand that? Why does he assume that I'm using him? I've never even done anything to allude to that idea

And on top of that, his temper is out of control. First the elevator, then him yelling at me about misunderstanding his vitiligo and now this?

He was going to hit me. Even though he stopped himself, that wasn't enough to take away from the fact he even thought about doing it.

This is not the same Michael I fell in love with.

This is a whole different person.

What if he doesn't stop himself next time?

I still love him. It was an absolute lie when I said I didn't. I regret saying all those terrible things to him in the heat of the moment. I can't even begin to imagine how much I've hurt him.

I don't know if he can ever forgive me.

"Nicole?" I hear a voice call.

But it's not Michael's.

I turn around to see someone I'm not expecting; Luke, the guy I liked before Michael, standing before me with a gun pointed straight at my chest.

I quickly put my hands up in surrender "L-Luke? What are you-"

"Shut up!" he yells. "Now, you're going to listen to me."

*Michael's POV*

I sat on the couch for a few moments contemplating what I should do.

I really messed up tonight.

I was going to hit the love of my life. How could I even think of doing such a thing? I feel nothing but absolute disgust for my actions.

Everything she said to me is true. I am ugly. I am an asshole. I am just like her father.

And I don't deserve her.

I have to make this right. I can't let her get away from me without begging her to give me another chance. Me letting her walk away like that- she must think I don't care about her at all.

I'm going to go look for her and tell her I'm sorry before I lose her forever.

I don't know if she can ever forgive me.

*Nicole's POV*

"Luke, what the fuck are you doing?" I hear a familiar voice yell, but it can't possibly be him.

I turn around to see that it does, in fact, belong to my father who has Lucy following close behind him.

Why the hell are they together?

"Put the goddamn gun down before I kill your ass! This wasn't part of the agreement!" he yells while lunging forward.

Without any hesitation, Luke pulls the trigger and a bullet goes whizzing past me, grazing my upper arm.

"Ah!" I scream in pain, immediately clutching my arm.

"Hey!" my Dad yells before running in front of me.

"Get away from her or I swear to God, I'll put a bullet in the both of you!" Luke yells.

I see Lucy slowly pull her phone out, but Luke quickly turns to face her.