Chapter 8

*Michael's POV*

She couldn't see me from the other side of the phone, but I was absolutely ecstatic from her answer.

She. Said. Yes.

My stomach instantly filled with a million butterflies, swarming around inside of me. This had every reason not to go well, yet it did. Was God finally looking out for me?

We talked for about an hour. She told me about school, her parents, her siblings, her friends- and I smiled throughout every word she said. 

Me, usually extremely shy when it comes talking about myself, actually opened up to her quite a bit tonight as well. 

I guess you could say she brings out the best in me.

We agreed to go out tomorrow since it was a Friday after all. When I suggested picking her up from her home, she was hesitant, but eventually said it was fine. I wasn't sure what that was about, but I didn't spend too much time dissecting it.  

After we hung up, I lay on my bed with my legs and arms sprawled out and the biggest smile plastered on my face.

"Wow, she really likes me." I say to myself as I cover my face with my hands, embarrassed even though there's nobody around.

I'm such a dork.

*Nicole's POV*

After hanging up the phone, I held it to my chest as if it were a point of contact where he could feel my heartbeat. 

I was on cloud 9 until a knock on my door interrupted my daydreaming.

"Nicki!" my mother's voice yelled from the other side of the door "Who were you talking to?" 

My eyes widen. How much of the conversation did she hear? I didn't even know she was home- I would've talked quieter. I wasn't ready to tell my parents about Michael yet. One, because we hadn't even gone out yet and two, because I didn't know if they'd freak out or not.

I decided to try and lie my way out of this one "Lucy." I say, chewing my bottom lip nervously, waiting to see if she bought it.

"Oh, okay. I thought it was your sister. I've been trying to call her all night!" 

I hear the sound of her footsteps dissapate and her bedroom door close.

I stop holding my breath and sigh. That was a close one, even though I had no idea why I was scared.

Since I had never really had a guy interested in me before, the normal "boys and dating" discussion that almost every teen girl has with their parents never took place between me and my parents. I just assumed based on my Mom's previous commentary and since I was 18 now, I was allowed to date. 

Obviously, it was made clear that I wasn't supposed to have sex unless I was with someone I was sure I was going to be married, but honestly, I wasn't in a rush to do any of that anyways.

But if they knew about Michael, I tend to believe they would freak out, Not only about the fact that he was my therapist, but mainly the fact he was 29 years older than me. That's why I was hesitant to have him pick me up from home for our date tomorrow night. 

Eventually, I said it was okay since it was a Friday night after all and my parents always had date night on Fridays. They wouldn't be home to see him. Even though age is something I've never had limits to when it came to crushing on someone, this was going to be an actual thing- not just a crush.

I could practically hear my Mom's words now:

"He's old enough to be your father, he's taking advantage of you!"

There's no doubt that Michael was most likely an experienced man when it came to women, I mean, he's gorgeous. It would be naïve for me to believe that he had not slept with a handful of people, but I wouldn't add that up to make him into a dirty manipulator, but just an average male.

I cover my face with my hands and rub my eyes in frustration. 

"Why did I have to be born so late?" I ask myself.

My pity party is interrupted when I feel my phone buzz on my chest- it's a text from Lucy. 

It reads "Wanna FaceTime? :)" 

I smile, "Maybe she'll care about this." I say as I click on her contact info to start a call.