Chapter 15

*Nicole's POV*

I dig through my purse trying to find the keys to the front door until it swings open, causing a swift breeze to rush across my face.

There before me stands my father, all 6 feet of him towering over me, glaring into my eyes with his full of anger- he almost looks as if he has been possessed by the devil himself.

"Get in here, now!" he growls while violently clutching my forearm and yanking me inside. He pulls me with such a force that I lose my balance and fall to the floor when he releases me from his grip.

"Rick, enough!" I hear my Mother's voice yell.

She rushes over to me and offers me her hand to help me up. After I'm back on my feet, she pulls me in a tight embrace. The comforting feel of her arms instantly causes tears to fall from my eyes.

Even though I have no idea what's happening in this moment or why my Father is so upset, I'm terrified.

"Stay out of this, Alexandra!" he booms while pushing her away and out of my arms. "Who the fuck were you with tonight?" he screams at me while pointing an index finger in my face.

"L-Lucy." I stutter, knowing that he can tell when I lie through my teeth.

A full second doesn't even pass before I feel a hard slap across my face, the pain instantly causing me to yelp and reach up to clutch my cheek.

"Don't lie to me! We saw you tonight!" he says gesturing to my mother.

I stand there in complete silence not knowing a way out of this one.

"Where?" I ask quietly.

My mother interjects "Sweetheart- at the theater. We thought we saw you there but we looked away for a split second and lost you. We figured it was probably just someone that looked like you until we came home and saw-"

My father interrupts her "And saw you sucking his face in his car like a goddamn whore! I swear to God, Nicole, you're lucky your mother was with me or I would've killed that old-ass motherfucker right there. Now, tell me who the fuck he is and where you know him from!"

I figure the smartest thing to do is tell the truth to save myself from taking another blow to the face.

I take a deep, shuddering breath before answering. "His name is Michael."

"And where do you know him from?" my Father asks while crossing his arms.

I begin to cry harder. Again, I figure its probably best to not lie for my own sake.

"H-He's the therapist Mom signed me up to meet with." I say quietly.

I hear my Mother give an audible gasp before seeing her place a hand over her mouth. "Nicole, tell me what I'm hearing isn't true." she says while shaking her head in disbelief.

I stutter while glancing over at my Father who looks like he could kill me based on the rage-filled look of his eyes.

"I can explain-" I say confidently, although I know there is no way I can make this situation sound better.

My Father cuts me off. "I don't want to hear it right now." He pinches the bride of his nose in frustration. "Listen, it's late. Just, go to your room. We'll talk about this in the morning when we're all rested."

"But-" I begin.

I'm cut off by my father once again. "Now." He says sternly.

I look down at the floor and nod, wiping a tear from my eye before spinning around on my heels and making my way towards the staircase.

"Goodnight." I say quietly in an attempt to dim the wildfire that was their anger.

No response.

I can't say I'm surprised either, I probably wouldn't respond either if I were them.

I sluggishly walk up the stairs; each step feeling like I'm carrying the weight of the world on my back.

I didn't know how my parents would react about this situation in the beginning, I mean, I knew it most likely wouldn't be good, but I didn't think they would be this upset.

We never talked about stuff like me dating because it never came up. And it seemed awkward for me to bring up myself since it was such an unfamiliar topic.

As I enter my bedroom, I close the door behind me and lock it. I approach my bed and fall back onto it. And I just lie there, thinking for a few moments.

It doesn't take long until the tears begin to fall from my eyes.

How could this be? I finally find someone who likes me and wants to be with me and it's getting snatched away from me and ripped apart before it can become something more.

It doesn't seem fair.

It doesn't seem right.

I don't know what came over me in the car, or why I acted out the way I did. That behavior was totally out of line and I couldn't help but feel like maybe Michael lost respect for me because of it and if my parents had seen me acting civil like the daughter they thought they had, they wouldn't be as upset as they were.

I sit there for a few more moments, pondering all the possibilities, but I know there aren't many available to me.

I know what I have to do.

So I do it.

I pick up my phone and dial Michael's number. It rings for a few moments before it stops and I hear his sweet voice.

"Hello?" He asks, almost sounding confused.

"Come get me, now." I say.

—————————

A/N: OOF. Is she crazy?