Chapter 18 - Midnight Happiness

Anti's P.O.V

I woke up to the feeling that someone was watching me, or trying to talk to me. I opened and eyes and looked around. It was pitch black with the exception of the moonlight flooding into the room. Nothing out of usual. No ghost or creepy figure named Dark watching me me sleep.

'Wow. Hurtful much?'

I jumped out of bed with a quiet yelp. I could hear quiet chuckling from down the hall. I growled and quickly climbed back into bed.

"Not funny Dark." I said out loud. I didn't get an answer, so I repeated it mentally, hoping he'd receive it.

'I heard you from my room, so it was indeed funny.'

'Did you need something?'

'I was originally just seeing if you were asleep, but looks like you're awake now.'

I sighed and shook my head. I giggled to my self and sat back up.

'What time is it?'

'... Midnight'

'Seems like a reasonable time to awake up and fall out of bed.'

'You aren't mad?'

'Nah. Imma go on a walk'

'Could I come?'

'Sure'

I stood and got dressed, heading downstairs. I waited for Dark to come down the stairs, but I heard a silent pair of feet behind me. I turned and saw him smirking, and I just walked past him, out the door.

We walked through the woods in silence until we made it to my secret little area. It was a hillside cliff that showed the forest for miles. A waterfall about a mile away. I roaring faintly heard in the distance, noise drowning it out. I sat at the edge, and Dark stood there for a second before sitting by me. He stared at me for a moment and randomly chuckled.

"What is it?" I asked, giving him a side glance.

"This may sound weird, but your calm expression in the moonlight looks cute."

I froze, blush creeping up my features. I looked over at him confused.

"Oh? W-well then. Thanks f-for the compliment." I silently cursed myself.

"Not really a compliment, it's the truth." He said with a mix of a smirk and a gentle smile.

"Suuuuuure Dark. Whatever you say" I smiled, and looked at him. "You're pretty good looking yourself, you know?"

"So I've been told by some of Marks fans"

I giggled again looked back to the scenery in front of me. We sat in silence, enjoying the silence and beautiful landscape. Eventually, I felt him slip his hand onto mine. I looked down at it, smiling. I looked up at him, his cheeks red and a worried look in his eyes. I simply nodded and looked away, mentally humming a song I sing when I'm happy and usually alone.

Maybe Jack inviting his friends weren't so bad.

~~~

*glances out at you and over at the amount of reads this has* You guys are scaring me. Seriously. I've never had 100 reads on a story, much less 21k.

Seriously tho. Thank you. You guys are the best. ^_^