Chapter 26 - Tension

Anti's POV

When I came back, Ledson and Dark were practically stabbing each other with the glares they had. I felt uncomfortable, but didn't let it show when I sat back down. Felix spoke up once he saw some people approaching from somewhere behind me.

Glancing back, I saw the two strangers from the store, and Cry. I had heard of Cry from Jack. The other two smiled as they walked forward.

"Hey Jack, hey Jack's twin." Cry said, smile planted on his mask.

"Hi! How are y'all?" Jack stood up, and pulled me over to introduce us.

As a smile spread across my face, I was the first to offer my hand out. This sort of shocked everyone, except of the two demons in front of me.

"Hi Addison! Hi Vincent! Thanks For helping me earlier!" I said as we shook hands. Mad chuckled and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"S'up Anti. Glad we could help."

Virus wrapped his arm around the other shoulder. I felt my cheeks flush, and I felt a tinge of embarrassment. I wasn't used to this sort of attention.

"You know Anti?" Jack said shocked, as if he's finding a fairytale was true.

"We met at the mall. He was a tiny bit lost." Mad piped up. Cry chuckled, and rubbed my forehead. "So this is the little demon you were talking. Nice to meet you Anti."

I smiled, but something caught my eye. Dark looked a little down. A jab of pain surged through my heart.

I excused myself from the two demons, and made my way to Dark. He perked up as I offered a hand, which he gladly took. Everyone watched, but I simply guided him over. When we got over, we didn't let go. He just greeted them like this was normal.

I still felt the true tension from the glare Ledson was giving Dark. I honestly was feeling a mix of emotions. Embarrassment, confusion, and slight hints of fear crept through me. Jack was watching me, and I think he could tell something was wrong.

"Hey guys, can you guys excuse Anti and I for a second?" Jack said, and after they agreed and Dark let go of my hand, we went into outside.

It was a large garden. There was a concrete path that led towards some roses, tiger lilies, and other flowers I've seen before but can't remember the name of. There was a few benches spread out, and Jack sat on the closest one, which I followed him to.

"Are you okay lil bro?"

"Yeah, I'm just not used to this stuff." I sat down in the path in front of him.

"What do you mean lil bro?" He cocked his head.

I through one of my hands up "This. I'm not used to larger groups to hang out with. I'm not used to people except you hugging me like how Mad and Virus did. I'm not used to any of your friends honestly. It's all new and it terrifies me.. " I ended it in a whisper, and stared up. Jack smiled sadly. It was the same sort of smile he gave me when he knew I didn't like something.

"If you want, we can go h-"

I cut him off.  "No! I don't want to go home. I just- I'm feeling anxious. I can feel the tension between Dark and Ledson. They've been glaring at each other this whole time."

"You noticed that too huh? I saw it the whole time we've been here. Sort of reminds me of twins fighting over the same toy. I don't like it." Sean admitted. He look relieved for some reason.

"Sean, can I ask a favor of you?" I felt a hand ruffle my hair, causing me to smile

"Of course lil bro. What is it?"

"When we go back in... Can I sit next to you? It's just-"

Sean practically jumped off of the bench and hugged me. I could feel the anxiety melt away. "Absolutely. If I'm being honest, I really want you to sit next to me. I understand you're making friends, but you're my little brother. I want to be close enough to help you."

I chuckled, and rolled my eyes. "You always say little brother even tho you were only born 30 seconds before me."

"I'm still older. It doesn't matter by how much~!" He said playfully.

"Yeah yeah. Should we go in? The others might be getting worried." I said, Jack nodded and we helped each other up.

Making our way inside I felt more at ease. Maybe this was going to be good thing after all.

~~~~~~~

Well. It's been like a year since I updated this. Honestly I'm extremely sorry for the LONG hiatus.

I honestly feel horrible. I love reading all the comments, so shout out to to all of y'all. And especially those people who mentioned Greek mythology.

I love Greek mythology and the Percy Jackson franchise.

As a as anyways, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, and thank you for almost 70 k reads! It means the WORLD to me. I want to celebrate in a special way.

Comment below a suggestion if you have one!

I love y'all! Have a fantastic day/night