Chapter 28 - Discussion

Jack's P.O.V 

I smiled and called back up to Anti. I could tell he was wanting alone time, so I'm glad we came home. I made my way to the kitchen, and the other two followed me. I felt myself sigh, and I leaned against the wall.

"You alright Jack?" I closed my eyes for a second to straighten myself out mentally, before glancing over to them and walking to the fridge. 

"Yeah. I'm good. It's just been an interesting day, that's for sure. By the way, are you two still hungry? I could make supper." 

"I mean, I'm still a bit hungry." I heard Dark say, and Mark hummed in agreement. 

I pulled stuff out of the fridge and started preparing the stuff. I heard Mark speak up after a few minutes of silence. "Sean, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet right now?" I shivered internally at the use of my real name. I knew the tone Mark was using. He wanted to talk about something as well.

I glanced back at them, but my eyes landed on Dark. He seemed to stiffen up when I let my cold look land on him. Mark noticed, but didn't speak up, so I did and turned back around. 

"I'm just thinking about today. Anti getting lost at the mall, us meeting up with Felix. Ya know, the whole adventure today. I'm just... surprised at some things I saw today." I lased the last sentence with a little venom. I couldn't help but notice my blood slowly starting to boil.

"Same, but who are you talking about? I wanna know if we're thinking about the same people."

Without missing a beat, I replied "Ledson and you Dark." I heard a slight shift from behind me, but chose to ignore it. I heard Mark ask what I meant, and I glanced back again. "Those two were acting like children at Felix's house. They constantly glared at each other, and I could tell those two were having some kind on war or something. I had to go calm Anti down because of the hostility getting to him!" I felt myself raise my voice a little, so I took a moment to calm down.

I didn't get a reply, and the conversation seemed to die. I finished cooking, and plated the food before turning around and setting the food in front of them, grabbing my own and sitting down. I could see Mark giving Dark disappointed looks. Dark seemed to be silently sulking, as if he was disappointed in himself. We ate a little before I heard Dark speak up.

"Who were you thinking of Mark?" It seemed like he was trying to shift the mood. I glanced at Mark, trying to silently agree while my mouth was full. 

He didn't answer directly, instead looking at me. "Jack, what's Felix and Anti's relationship? Anti said something that concerned me earlier, and when I found him and Felix.." He trailed off, taking a bite. 

"It's.. complicated. I don't even understand it to be honest. Felix has never really acted that nice to him, and I don't understand why."

"Has Felix ever.. hit Anti?" Mark was visually concerned, and he looked upset.

"No! Well, not that I've ever witnessed. When we were kids, and our parents came over, Anti always stayed in his room with Ledson. He got nervous around Felix and Felix always made his opinion about Anti known if Anti tried to hang out with us. Ledson and Anti grew into close friends back then, and Anti never seemed upset about it as far as I know. Felix seemed to grow out of it apparently. By what I saw today." I said, and that made Mark frown, but I added a quick question. "Why do you ask though?"

"It's just.. When I found Anti today, Felix was standing in front of him holding his hand out, and Anti covered his head. He looked like he was expecting to be hit, and he told me wasn't allowed to call Felix by his name?"

I instantly felt my stomach drop. "Wait, did Felix explain why Anti was like that? Did he actually hit him??"

"No no, he didn't. I intervened and got Anti off the ground, who instantly hid behind me. He just seemed like a scared kid wanting to find his mom, though that could've been because he was lost."

I looked down at my plate grimly, and picked at my food. I was really worried about Anti now. So much has happened to him in the few weeks these two have been here, and I haven't been able to keep him safe from any of it. Could there be more that I don't know? Had Felix beat up my little brother before? Was that possible? 

My thoughts were cut off by Dark speaking up for the first time since we started talking again. 

"I'm sorry Sean. I shouldn't have acted like a fool at Felix's house. I was being possessive for no reason. I didn't realize it was noticed by you or Anti... No wonder you kept yourself close to him when you guys came back." He seemed sincere, and I saw Mark look at me so I sighed and simply nodded.

"I forgive you, just don't do it again. Anti means the world to me, and I hate seeing him upset. Also, I've noticed you've been more touchy with my little brother." I gave him a pointed look, but I wasn't upset. I watched Dark squirm for a moment under my gaze, blushing at the mention of their affectionate attitude towards each other. "I don't mind it. He doesn't seem to be bothered by it or uncomfortable so I'm not worried. That does raise the question though, do you like my brother?" I let the question float out, and I watch the other stammer and try to find a response. 

"I-um, I may. He's s-sweet and kind, and he's wonderful. I l-love his personality, and everything about him to be honest.." He seemed to smile while thinking what I assume was my brother. It seemed genuine, and I remembered Mark making a comment at the mall. About how it was hard for Dark to actually make friends, and how it was hard to get him to open up. A smile crossed over my mouth, and they both noticed. 

"I'll approve of it. It's hard for Anti to let himself open up, and I hope making more friends, or getting a partner will help him." I noticed them look at me confused, before Mark piped up. 

"Is Anti gay?" I paused, thinking for a moment.

"I actually don't know. Other than Ledson and I, he's never really interacted with anyone except our parents. I mean, he was home schooled after all." Mark and Dark nodded and I noticed we had all finished eat. "Do you guys need more?"

After they declined, I grabbed their plates and started cleaning up. Dark excused himself for the night, heading upstairs. I was washing the dishes when I heard Mark walking over towards me. I didn't pay it any mind until I felt two arms wrap around me from behind. 

"Do you need help? Or company?" Mark asked, and his breath tickled my neck as he peaked over my shoulder.

I felt myself blush, but I simply said "If you really want to help, then sure. I can do it by myself if you don't want to."

He smiled and started helping. We talked for a while, even after we were done cleaning, and before I knew it, is was 11:30 pm. I only noticed when we both started yawning. "We should probably go to bed. It's getting late, and who knows what we're doing tomorrow." Mark agreed, and we went upstairs, going our separate ways at the top. 

I laid on my bed, and my mind was raising. I stayed like that for a while, but eventually managed to fall asleep.

Today was definitely something I'll always remember.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys. How are you? Long time no see. 
The official discord server has been up for a while if you wanna join. It's the best way to contact me, and talk to others who like the story. I lurk there a lot. Also it's the best way to yell at me- I mean remind me to update, and you can chat with me.

A second chapter will be coming out today, maybe in a hour of two?

Anyways, I love you all. Have a splendid day/night!