c h a p t e r 3.

Seohee~

Once I arrived in LAX airport, I was picked up by a girl with a bob cut, who was wearing a very formal working attire. She looked rather intimidating.

"Ms. Emilia Yoo? Nice to meet you, I'm Nina from C'est La Vie- I believe I've spoken to you before." She smiled, and her aura immediately changed.

"Yes, I've spoken to you before... but my name is Seohee. Not Emilia."

"Your name has been changed to Emilia, now that you live in America. It'll be easier for people to pronounce your name." She explained to me.

"Ah, is that so..." I scratched the back of my head. Everything just felt so new. "By any chance, can I have like a nickname or something? Emilia sounds a bit too..."

"Formal? Alright, your nickname can be Mia. Your name will still be Emilia on files, but we'll call you Mia."

We went in the car, and drove off to somewhere- probably my new apartment, since they said that it'll be the first thing on my schedule.

"Are we heading to the apartment?" I asked Nina.

"No. There was a sudden change of plans- the CEO said that he wants to talk to you, as soon as possible."

We got out of the car, and I was suddenly welcomed by the LA breeze. Right in front of me was the big building that I've been meaning to go into for quite a while now.

We went on the elevator that helped us get to the highest floor, which is where the CEO's office is located. Once we got up, Nina showed me where to go and left me there.

I opened the door, and was greeted by a guy in about his mid-thirties, and a man (who I'm guessing is the CEO) in his seat. The man is about sixty years old, in my guess.

"Welcome to C'est La Vie, I'm the chief executive officer of this company, Mr. Chen. I'm guessing that you're our intern, Emilia Yoo?" He looked at the paper on his table.

"Yes, sir. I'm Emilia Yoo from South Korea, twenty five years old. Nice to meet you, sir." I bowed down.

"You shake hands, not bow. This is America." The other guy coughed.

I quickly came up to the CEO, and gave him a handshake.

"Thanks." I whispered to the guy.

"My bad, let me introduce myself. I'm Jeremy Kuo, CEO Chen's assistant." He shake my hands.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled.

I looked around the room, and was shocked by the background of his big window. The whole back wall is glass, and you could literally see LA from up here. I also realized that there were boxes everywhere.

"You may be thinking why I called you here, but I was wondering if you'd like to take an offer," He started. "I'm going to be retiring very soon, since I haven't been in a very good condition lately and I would still like to spend some more time with my wife. Therefore, I will be handing the company over to my son. There's a vacant spot to be his temporary assistant, until we find a permanent one. Would you be willing to take that spot for now?"

When I'm not looking for it, it comes.

Finally! I will be having a job; a dream that I have been waiting for, for so long.

"Yes! I would gladly take it." I told him.

"Alright then! It's all set. Jeremy here will assist you with the paperworks and regulations. The wage will be thirty dollars per hour, and it can go up as time goes by. Congratulations on getting the job!" He gave me one last handshake, and Jeremy suddenly took me to the other room.

"Ok, so you will have to read this whole thing, then sign the bottom of this contract." He gave me a pen, and I quickly read through all the regulations and duties as an Executive Assistant. Pretty snazzy job for a starter.

I signed the bottom of the contract, and handed it to Jeremy.

"That's it! I guess you're taking my place now" He gave me a high five. "Also, your apartment will most likely be changed, so that your location is closer to your boss."

"Ah, all right" I sighed. "Jeremy, is your job hard?"

"Sometimes- but I love it anyways. I guess it really depends on who your boss is, and in my case, CEO Chen is very kind."

"Lucky you. Is his son nice? Have you met him?"

"Yeah, I've met him a couple of times. Not to scare you or anything, but he's way more strict than his father. He's actually very intimidating."

"Goodness. Now I'm very nervous."

"No need. I bet he'll treat you right, but if he doesn't, make sure to report it right away."

"Alright. Thank you so much, Jeremy."

"No problem," He stood up. "And good luck."

__________________

Seohee~

I got to my new apartment, that is located at the very top floor.

I can finally say that I live in a penthouse.

There were two doors, one that leads to my unit, and the other one to the CEO's.

My room number is 479, and his is 480. I'm guessing that his apartment unit is way bigger than mine.

I opened the door and was greeted by an awesome long glass window, that goes around the whole space, just like in CEO Chen's office. Since it's night time, I could see all the lights and stars through the big glass windows that surrounded the whole living room.

My phone suddenly rang.

Pinky

How is it?

I GOT A JOB

ALREADY

Yesss

There was a change of plans

The CEO is retiring soon, and
his son is going to take over, so
they asked me if I can be his
temporary assistant!!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!

IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

AND GIRLLL

LOOK AT THESE GLASS
WINDOWS

*picture sent*

Girl

You're living a dream

Seriously

I hope so

I really want to know how
my boss is going to he like

Hey, let's video chat tomorrow
after your work

Tell me all about your day

Alright

Let's do that for sure

Okay girl

You need to go to sleep now, I
know you're tired

Also you need to be energized
for tomorrow!

Right

Good morning there:)

Good night:)))

___________________

I'm so excited for Christmas eve and day!!!

Song: Hello by SEVENTEEN (세븐틴)