c h a p t e r 4.

Seohee~

I woke up earlier than usual, still a bit jet lag.

I took a quick shower, did my hair, put on a little bit of makeup, and picked the most "formal working attire" that I have, out of my new closet.

It still feels so weird to live here. It's just so nice, I feel like I don't deserve it.

After fixing myself up, I decided to just go to In-N-Out, since I haven't bought things to fill up the refrigerator yet.

I ordered a burger, and was surprised by the taste, since burgers in Korea tasted way different. To be honest, American burger is way better.

I went back to my apartment and stayed there for a bit, since my job doesn't start in like two hours. I guess I woke up a bit too early...

I went on Netflix and watched an episode of Riverdale, while waiting for the company driver to come by and  pick me up.

Once the driver came, we went on our way to the company, and I suddenly felt so nervous.

What if the new boss is actually mean?

Seohee, calm yourself. Think of the positive... right?

I went on the elevator to go up, and I suddenly met a fellow worker there.

"Hello. You're new here?" He asked me. Honestly tho, he looks Korean.

"Yup. I'm Mia Yoo, nice to meet you!" I smiled at him, and stretched my hand for a shake.

He shook my hand, and laughed.

"Are you Korean?" He said in Hangul.

"Yes. I'm guessing you are too?" Well obviously Seohee.

"Yup. I'm Woojin Park- nice to meet you too." He bowed to me.

"Finally! I thought I was the only asian here." I chuckled.

"Don't worry! There's lots in the other offices. By the way, what's your Korean name?"

"Seohee."

"Seohee. Wow, that's a nice name!" This guy is now officially my best friend.

"Thank you! By the way, which are do you work at?"

"I work in the office, with the documents and such... yeah, it's pretty boring there," He laughed. "Where do you work?"

"I'm the new CEO's assistant. Today's actually my first day... I'm so nervous." I started shaking.

"Oh him... good luck." He muttered. I haven't even heard a good thing about this new CEO yet- I'm starting to get super anxious.

The elevator door opened, and I got out.

"Seohee, fighting!" Woojin said to me with one of his hands shaped into a fist. I did the same motion to him, and then waved goodbye.

Oh gosh, this is it.

I went inside the same room that I went into yesterday, but it's still just CEO Chen and Jeremy in there.

"Hello." I stood up and waited for them to respond.

"He's coming, don't worry." CEO Chen assured me.

After a few minutes of awkwardly standing in the middle of the office, the door opened and a guy came in.

"Sorry dad, I'm late-"

He looked at me in shock, and so did I.

No fucking way.

It's Lai Guanlin... my ex-boyfriend.