c h a p t e r 29.

Seohee~

The next day, we were woken up early by Hyunjoon, because we apparently have a different schedule today.

Apparently, we're going around Palawan today and doing some of the activities.

We went swimming for a while, but Hyunjoon told us to do some more exciting stuff... like jumping off a cliff.

"I'm scared of falling, you know that." I told Guanlin, but he didn't do anything but just hug me... which actually comforted me.

"Seohee, don't you think that this might be the perfect opportunity to completely get rid of your trauma? I'll go first, and I'll wait for you in the bottom, I promise. Plus, there's people down there anyways- you won't drown."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," he patted my head, and suddenly took off his shirt. You know what, I'm all good now! Just kidding... "I'll go now!"

He counted to three, and legit just jumped off.

I couldn't help but cry, since I remembered again.

This fucking trauma.

I can't handle it anymore. It needs to go-

"It needs to go!" I yelled, and finally jumped off.

I felt as light as a feather, as I came down from the top in just a matter of seconds.

But in my head, it felt like an eternity.

While I was in the air, I felt as if my soul came out from my body. My soul poured out the bad memories, and came back inside me, all new and clean.

My toe hit the water, and that's when I felt as if, wow- I actually did it.

I concurred my fear.

"You did it!" Guanlin swam to me.

"I did it? Oh my gosh... I did it!" I yelled happily, and we came back to the edge where the rocks are.

"I'm so proud of you." He put a towel over my shoulders, and pinched my cheeks.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! I can say it to you allover and allover again- you have no idea how happy I am right now. This all wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you, so thank you so much."

Why do I feel this way?

My heart isn't beating normally, and a familiar feeling came rushing back to me.

My mind doesn't want to love you again, Guanlin.

But my heart says to do so.

______________________

Guanlin~

We went to a restaurant, the place looks modern- yet, very cultural.

"Here's the lobsters, one Kare-Kare, Sisig, three bowls of rice, two Halo-Halo's, and one Mango shake." The waiter handed us our food, and they all looked so good.

"Awh... I forgot to order Halo-Halo, it looks so good." I pouted.

"Let's share." Guanlin put the dessert in the middle of the table.

"And you two said you weren't a couple... pfft..." Hyunjoon whispered, but we both heard everything he just said. We both didn't respond tho.

"잘 먹겠습니다 (I will eat well)!" We all payed our respects, and immediately started eating.

The food is marvellous, and it's even better because I'm starving.

The mango juice tasted so good. It's so different from the mangos I've eaten in America- it's so sweet.

"So, are you both enjoying your stay here?" Hyunjoon asked.

"I could live here. Just take out the crazy heat and all." Says Guanlin, and we both laughed but agreed.

"I've actually had so much fun, and just the whole experience itself is so different." I gave my honest opinions.

"I agree." Hyunjoon nodded.

______________________

Seohee~

"We have one more place to go, and one more thing to do before going back to the orphanage. Actually, this is Edward's request." Hyunjoon felt all giddy while telling me.

"Where are we going? It's already so dark out?"

"Surprise." Guanlin told me to wait a bit more, since we're almost there.

The car started slowing down, and I saw the sign... kind of.

'Firefly Watching'

"Oh my gosh! Are we, actually?" I started to get really excited.

"Let's go?" Guanlin got out of the car, and opened up the door for me. He took my hand, and put it in his.

"Hyunjoon?"

"I'll come back later. Have fun." He mischievously smiled.

We talked to the people there in English- they were also all so nice and even helped us with everything.

Guanlin and I put our life vest on, and we both started going on the paddling boat with one other guy, which is the person touring us.

The farther we went, the more fireflies appeared.

It was absolutely stunning, and the guy paddling told us the importance of fireflies, and even a story about the constellations in the sky.

Now this.

This is a perfect moment.

"Seohee... you kept on thanking me earlier- but in all honesty, you actually made this trip way better for me." I couldn't see him, since he's behind me- but I could already feel the smile on his face, by just listening to his voice.

"This trip has been the best thing that has ever happened in my life- because you're here. I guess we both have our own parts to this."

"Seohee, I lied to you."

"Huh?"

"When you asked me before if I liked anybody, I said no... I actually lied about it..."

He paused for a second, before saying the last thing he said to me that night.

"I like someone."

______________________

Whoop

Song: Don't Forget (잊지마요) by iKON (아이콘)