c h a p t e r 26.

Seohee~

I woke up the next morning with a bad headache. I barely remembered anything from last night- only the part when Guanlin was telling me to stop drinking.

Wait.

I popped out of the bed, like a mummy popping out of a coffin. I looked around the room, and realized that I wasn't at my own place... I was at Guanlin's.

I'm not wearing my own clothes anymore- I'm wearing his...

And where is he?

I looked beside me, and there he laid- sleeping so soundly.

"Oh my gosh." Was the only thing that managed to get out of my mouth.

"What?" Guanlin muttered with a raspy morning voice. Shit- he's awake.

"What happened last night?" I shake him until he got up.

"Nothing." He tried laying back down, but I didn't let him.

"Why am I here? Why am I wearing your clothes? Details!"

"Details?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Oh... my... gosh..." I put the blanket over me, embarrassed.

"No, we didn't do anything. I didn't drink. It was just you." He looked at me and laughed.

"Did I say or do anything stupid?"

"Do you consider dancing on a strip pole stupid?" He smiled all innocently. Pfft, fuck you and your pretty face.

"What! I did that?" I quickly got up, and tried to process everything in my head. Well... not really, because my head hurts like hell. "Is that it?"

"That's it."

"Promise?"

"Maybe."

_____________________

Guanlin~

Once we got home last night, I was going to take Seohee back to her place- but due to the condition that she was in at that moment, I felt as if I couldn't leave her all alone.

She threw up allover her shirt, so I had to change it. I didn't have any sexual thoughts about it though- I simply just wanted her to feel okay.

After I laid her down on the bed last night, she right away fell asleep without even saying anything.

I was hoping for some drunk confessions, but oh well.

Maybe she's really gotten over me.

I tried sleeping on the couch, but it just hurt my back way too much. Plus- we slept beside each other anyways, back when we stayed at Pinky's house.

*end of flashback*

"My head hurts!" She complained.

"I've told you to stop drinking so many times. You didn't listen to me so..."

"Wait! Don't you have a meeting today?" She shook me.

"I do. It's still in five hours" I stood up from my bed. "Go back to bed, I'll cook you something."

"Really?!" Her face brightened up. I nodded, and she did what I said.

I went to the kitchen and started cooking a different recipe of Miso soup that my mother taught me.

I prepared the ingredients and started cooking right away. I don't want to keep her waiting and I want the food to taste good.

As I was cooking, I suddenly felt someone hug me from behind, and my heart almost completely stoped.

"Thank you. I really appreciate everything you've done for me... you really meant it when you said you'll make things right. You actually made it better."

I looked at her, and pushed her hair back for me to see her face better. I looked straight into her eyes, and said these words:

"I made you a promise before and I won't break it. Not anymore."

____________________

Seohee~

The meeting went pretty smoothly, my hangover has gotten better- everyone is happy.

"Let's go celebrate." Guanlin told me after we got out of the meeting room.

"I would love to... but I already promised Woojin that I'll hang out with him today." I fiddled with my fingers.

"Is that so?" He awkwardly looked away, a bit disappointed. "Maybe next time then-"

"Is it possible if Woojin can join us?" Am I asking for too much?

"Yes! Yeah, definitely." He smiled widely.

I explained to Woojin what was going to happen- at first he wasn't happy, but he understood.

This is going to be another interesting night...

_____________________

Guanlin~

"Babe, one more bite." Woojin treated Seohee like a baby, but she liked it anyways.

"I'm so full though... but okay. For you." She giggled, and Woojin fed her the last piece of meat.

"Y'all done?" I asked.

"Someone's a bit salty..." Woojin coughed. This little bitch-

"Are you sick? Maybe you should take a day off work- or maybe a year." I suggested.

"Ha. Funny." He rolled his eyes at me. Excuse me, I'm paying for your food.

"Bill please!" I waved my hand up for the waiter to see, and he came down with the card machine. I simply just tapped, and then done.

"Do you want me to take you home?" Woojin came closer to Seohee, and I almost wanted to punch his face out of the way.

"You should rest." Seohee caressed his cheeks, and gave it a little kiss.

"Yeah! I'll just drive you home, since we live in the same building anyways." I blurted out, which caught both of their attention.

"Oh, okay." Seohee gave me two thumbs up, but Woojin looked pissed.

We were walking to my car, and the couple was walking way slower than me- it's actually taking forever.

"Careful. I don't know what I'd do if anything bad happens to you." Seohee hugged him, as if he's not coming back for like a good... forever.

"Don't worry, I'll take the bus." Woojin told her, and she felt more at ease.

He held the back of her head, and pulled her in for a good kiss.

They both look happy.

They both look so perfect for each other.

And then there's just me, alone.

I'm not gonna lie- my heart actually feels like it's breaking.

Because seeing the person you love, loving someone else is the most painful feeling ever.

But also seeing the person you love, happy... it's also the best thing you could ever witness.

So, what do I do?

____________________

I wasn't actually gonna update today, since I haven't been feeling well lately. I have my French exam in a few hours and I'm tired, but I know lots of you wait for my updates- I didn't want to let you guys down:) I love you all, take care of yourselves<3

Song: Say You Love Me (부제 좋아한다 말해) by Kriesha Chu (크리샤 ) & Samuel (사무엘)