c h a p t e r 27.

Seohee~

"Seohee, go pack." Guanlin went into my room, at like three in the morning.

"Why?" I mumbled, still almost nearly asleep.

"We're going to Philippines- our flight is at two pm, today."

"What?! Why all of a sudden?" I now got up from my bed, still shocked by the news.

"I've actually known for a while, I just forgot to tell you. We have a charity mission there- my father thinks that it could be a great exposure for our company."

"Alright! I love trips." I hopped to my closet and started picking out clothes. It's a hot country, so I should bring clothing that matches the weather.

After packing everything I think I would need, I called Woojin without thinking twice.

"What! Why did you only tell me now?" I could already hear anger through his voice.

"I only found out today too. Please let me go! I really want to go on a trip- plus, it's for a good cause."

"Alright... but if that Edward Lai does anything to you, call me right away."

"Yes, babe. Don't worry about me; take care of yourself, I'll cook you a lot of food once I get back here."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

_____________________

Guanlin~

After a long twenty-four hour flight with two stop overs, we finally arrived at Palawan.

The weather was definitely hot, but it felt moist due to the fact that we're in an island.

"I'm so excited!" Seohee jumped up and down. How does she have so much energy after that long ass flight?

I actually didn't really feel jet-lagged, since I was sleeping on the plane almost the whole time.

"Edward Lai and Emilia Yoo?" A Korean guy met us by the entrance. "I'm Hyunjoon, and I will be your translator during your whole stay here. Mabuhay! Welcome to the Philippines."

He drove us to the orphanage that we're supposed to stay in, and after an hour of driving on the lumpy roads, we finally arrived.

Everyone was so welcoming and happy, while showing us around the orphanage and where we're going to sleep.

The place wasn't the best, since it's old and doesn't have any air conditioning, and it's also worn out- but the location though. It's right beside the ocean, and it's beautiful and so fresh.

"My skin feels really nice." Seohee randomly told me, but I actually found it cute.

The nuns called us from our rooms (Seohee and I are separated this time), and we all went down to the dining hall.

There's this one long dining table with a long wooden chair on the left and right side of the table, where all the kids gathered up and squished beside each other, just to eat.

I sat beside Seohee on one end, and a priest sat at the other. The nuns sat on the floor, but they all still have very bright smiles on their faces.

The children all looked at us with full attention, until the priest whistled to get everyone's attention.

"Let's pray." He said, and we all did so.

The food they made us eat was called Adobo, and it's actually really good.

"You like it?" I asked Seohee.

"I love it." She smiled at the kid beside her. I thought she was talking to me...

"Mag shota po ba kayo?" The kid asked.

"What does that mean?" Seohee looked at me, all confused.

"I have no idea." I shake my head. Our translator went to us, and the kid asked him the same question.

"He's asking if you two are a couple." He chuckled.

"Wow. No kid, we're not a couple." I smiled at him (the kid), but he looks scared of me.

"Sayang naman po, bagay pa naman kayo..." He mumbled under his breath.

"What did he say?" Seohee asked Hyunjoon.

"He said that it's a waste, you two look good together." He nodded as if he agreed, and went back to eat with the nuns.

Well, he doesn't lie...

After eating, the kids all went outside by the ocean, where one of the staffs lit a bonfire.

"Is it okay if you both read them a story?" One of the nuns asked, and we both nodded yes, because it would feel wrong to say no.

"Ate, can I sit beside you?" One of the kids asked Seohee, and she actually spoke great English.

"Yes, of course!" Seohee looked so happy while talking to kids. It makes me feel so great to see her like this- and it feels even better to be helping out unfortunate children. "What does Ate mean?"

"Ate means like noona or unnie, and Kuya is like hyung or oppa." Hyunjoon explained to us. What would we do without him here?

Before we left Los Angeles, we already knew that we we're gonna read them books- so we quickly went to the book store nearby the airport, to go buy a few good ones.

"So today- Edward here and I, picked out this book called, "The Giving Tree."

The children listened attentively to Seohee and I's reading, and it actually felt so warm in my heart... as if I released all the stress that I've felt these past few months.

A beautiful story, a beautiful island, and a beautiful audience of dreamers...

Plus, a beautiful girl that I've loved ever since I was sixteen.

____________________

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DAEHWI!!!

Q//: Are there any places that you would like to go/go back to?

I've actually never went to Palawan ooF. I had to do so much research for these next few chapters:') I got the idea from BTS' summer package lmao.

(Btw, Hyunjoon is Hwall from THE BOYZ if any of you are wondering lmaooo)

Song: My Flower (꽃이야) by JBJ