c h a p t e r 18.

Guanlin~

The next day, Seohee barely talked to me- only if she needed to. We only talked professionally, about the business partnerships and such.

We started packing our luggages, since our flight is tomorrow afternoon.

It feels weird with her avoiding me. It's so awkward, and it makes me feel so bad about myself.

The day went by fairly quick, and it was finally time to sleep again. I woke up late, but I also tried sleeping early.

Seohee didn't sleep beside me- instead she slept on the cold floor again. In the middle of the night, I picked her up from the floor and laid her down on the bed.

"Sorry..." I mumbled.

I suddenly heard screaming coming from the other room, which woke Seohee up. We quickly ran to Jinyoung and Pinky's room, and saw her bleeding.

"Oh my gosh..." Seohee panicked as she helped out her friend.

Jinyoung asked me to take care of Byul, while he tried to get Pinky inside of the car. We all went inside, and finally arrived at the hospital.

He came with her inside the emergency room, so I was left waiting with Seohee and Byul.

"What happened to Eomma?" Byul asked Seohee.

"Don't worry! Eomma's going to be okay..." Seohee hugged Byul, but the tears in her eyes wouldn't stop pouring down.

I quickly took my phone and called the flight agency to change our flight to next week. Pinky needs us right now.

"I hope she's okay... also the baby. I hope she didn't actually get a miscarriage." Seohee tried to say but such limited words came out of her mouth.

We waited and waited- and it's already been like twelve hours. Doctors came in and out of the room, and it's making all of us seriously nervous. Byul already fell asleep, and I also told Seohee to do the same.

"I can't... as long she's not okay, I won't be able to sleep."

"At least eat?" I handed her some food that I bought from a fast food nearby.

"I'm not hungry." She whispered while looking at the ground.

"She'll be fine... the baby too."

"I hope so."

____________________

Seohee~

After a few more hours, a doctor came out of the operation room.

"We operated a C-section on her. The baby is safe and healthy, and so is she."

I finally took out a deep breath of relief, and all three of us came into the room where Pinky's confined.

She laid there on the hospital bed, smiling as she held her new born child in her arms. Byul went up to her father, who's sitting right beside the bed, beside the mother.

It's a happy family.

Something I've always wanted, but also something that I will never get.

____________________

Guanlin~

"You two are going to miss your flight!" Pinky told us.

"Oh, yeah! Shoot." Seohee stood up and told me that we should go.

"Actually... I moved our flight to next week. We should help out with the new baby, and I think it'll be nice if you two have more time to spend together..."

"You did that?" Seohee asked me with a very surprised expression on her face.

"Well, yeah. You looked so concern earlier..."

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." She said, while giving Pinky a hug.

"I'm so happy! Thank you." Says Pinky to me.

We had to stay in the hospital for another twenty-four hours, just in case Pinky had any complications, which she luckily didn't.

When we got home, everyone went to sleep- exhausted.

Everything just happened so quickly, and it was all so overwhelming.

Sometimes, we just need a little bit of time to rest.

___________________

I hope this chapter satisfies y'all after probably making you all mad with the last one ㅋㅋㅋ

Song: Overcome (여왕의 기사) Acoustic Ver. by NU'EST (뉴이스트) acc ver. by Minhyun (황민현) & SVT Joshua (홍지수)