c h a p t e r 28.

Seohee~

"Ate, can you help me?" The same girl, named Mika that sat beside me at the bonfire yesterday, asked.

"Yes! How can I help?" I asked her.

"Can you do this for me?" She gave me a pair of scissors, and some plastic bags. "Can you cut off the handles?"

"What are we making?" I do what she asked me.

"Saranggola!" She smiled happily.

"사랑 (sarang)? That means love in Korean!"

"Oh! I think saranggola is kite?" Mika stood up and asked Hyunjoon, who is helping out Guanlin at the other table.

"Yes, it means kite." She laughed while making one for herself.

It's interesting how they can make a kite with simply just sticks, strings and a plastic bag- happiness really doesn't depend on money. It depends on the effort and memory.

I looked at Guanlin, who's having struggles with making his kite. He looks so adorable and innocent...

"Do you like Kuya?" Mika asked me then pointed at Guanlin.

"Me? No! I have a boyfriend in LA. Not Edward." I explained to her, and she suddenly frowned.

"But you're so bagay (good together)." She sighed. It's the same thing that boy said to us at dinner last night.

"No... I don't think so." I thought to myself.

After finishing our kites, we all went by the ocean to fly them. The weather isn't too hot, and the breeze is just perfect for flying kites.

"Nice kite." Guanlin came up to me, and showed me his. Not bad... no I lied- it's horrible.

"Can you fly this?" I gave him mine, and he nodded. He actually flew it, and I looked up to see all the kites flowing in the air.

All the colours, the happiness, and the breeze. It all felt like a whole new world that I've never experienced before.

How could I explain this?

The feeling of family?

Everyone here acts like one whole family... it fills my heart- and my longing for a loving family is suddenly being cured by them.

My trauma is starting to slightly go away.

I'm starting to let go, and I'm seeing new colours.

I took a spare kite, and joined everyone else by the sand.

I did as I said, I let go- and for once in my life, I didn't feel suffocated anymore...

I felt free.

_____________________

Guanlin~

Today has honestly been one of the best days in my life.

The wifi and signal were too slow- so no technology, no problem.

"I can't contact Woojin... he's going to get so mad at me." Seohee panicked as she walked around my room.

"Don't worry. If he gets mad, I'll help you explain the situation to him. It's not our fault that there's no signal."

"True... I'm just worried." She sighed while sitting beside me on the bed.

I put my hands on both of her shoulders, and made her look at me.

"During the rest of this trip, I don't want you to worry about anything anymore. The only thing I want us to do, is to help out and enjoy."

"You changed." She smiled at me.

"Did I..."

"Thank you, I'm having so much fun during this trip." Seohee hugged me tight, and I hugged back.

"I enjoy this too. Everything is so new to me, and I'm so glad to experience all these new 'firsts' with you."

"Me too." She laid her head on my shoulders for a while, just until Hyunjoon blasted inside my room. Well, I mean he's my roommate so... but he still completely ruined the moment!

"Oh, sorry... wrong timing." He awkwardly laughed, and was about to leave, but Seohee then stopped him.

"You can go in, I'm going back to my room anyways," She looked at me. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

____________________

Last day of midterm exams for me is today:))) I should have studied more, but I kept on watching Day6 crack vids whooPS.

Song: Spring Day (봄날) by BTS (방탄소년단)