chapter 12

"tyler?" josh called through the house. "ty, baby, please come out."

he heard his husband's sobs, but he was nowhere to be found.

until, he entered their room, opened their closet, and there was tyler, sitting on the ground, a handgun beside him.

"oh, ty..." josh said, immediately kicking the gun away so tyler wouldn't be able to grab it and hurt himself. he picked his husband up, carrying him to the bed. "baby, i'm so sorry i left..."

tyler just sobbed harder. he hadn't stopped crying for the entire two days since josh left.

"ty, baby, listen to me," josh said, holding his husband's face. "i didn't leave because you did something. i-i just didn't think it was right to do it where i did it with someone else... e-especially in our own home."

"y-you h-had sex w-with someone else i-in our bed?!" tyler exclaimed.

josh flinched, nodding his head. "i'm so, so sorry, tyler. it's so fucking disgusting, i know. i'm a disgusting person. i-i can go for good now, if you want."

"w-why?" tyler asked quietly. "w-why did you have sex with someone else? in our own bed, too! only we're allowed to have sex, josh! it was in both of our vows..."

"i-i don't know, tyler..."

"every night, i'd ask you if you wanted to do it! i'd kiss you and hug you as much as i could before you shoved me off of you! i poured my heart and soul into our marriage, and all you did was take!"

josh sank to his knees, sobbing loudly.

"all i ever did was love you, josh! how could you do that to me?!"

both boys were sobbing now.

"did you just stop loving me at some point?" tyler asked. "because i know you stopped caring somewhere in the first year. but did you always love me?"

"d-deep down, y-yes," josh sniffled. "i-i just... i guess i... i don't know, tyler. i-i was just being a fucking terrible person. b-but now i-i love you more than ever a-and all i wanna do is take care of you for the rest of our lives."

tyler just lied back on the bed, sprawled out, his eyes closed as he cried softly.

josh sniffled and got up, crawling into bed next to him. he pulled tyler into his arms, allowing him to sob into his shoulder.

"i love you, tyler. and i'm never, ever leaving you. i'm gonna treat you like the prince you are a-and i'll make you as happy as possible. i promise."