Chapter 20

Josh woke up with his husband in his arms. He squeezed him tightly and opened his arms, seeing it wasn't his husband at all.

It was a pillow.

A pillow with a note attached to it.

'Joshie,

I've gone out to get us some of those pastries we saw at the bakery for breakfast. I hope that's okay.

I love you and can't wait for today,
Tyler'

Josh sighed and pulled on his hair.

Surprising his husband with breakfast when he woke up. Why didn't he think of that?

He was already being an awful husband and it was only 10 in the morning.

He wasn't really sure what to do now. He just kind of sat there being frustrated with himself.

Ten minutes later, Tyler walked in carrying so much that he nearly collapsed onto the bed. "Oh," he said. "You're up."

Josh nodded.

"Well, I Uh... I got some stuff I thought you might like. Um... these little chocolate caramel candy things, a sleeping mask," he said, picking up each item to show Josh. "A neck pillow, these cool pen things," he continued on and on, Josh feeling guiltiest with each item.

"You didn't need to, Tyler."

"D-do you not like the stuff?" Tyler asked nervously. "I-I can take it back i-if you don't like it."

Josh quickly shook his head. "What? No no no. I like everything, and it was really really thoughtful of you, b-but I should be the one getting you things."

"W-why can't I get you things?"

"I-I just... I don't know, Ty. I should be the one getting you things. I should be the one surprising you and taking care of you b-but instead you're having to do all this for me. That's not how I meant for our honeymoon to be."

"I-I just don't want you to be sad on our honeymoon," Tyler said. "Y-you just seemed sad after the whole Ruby thing last night s-so I thought I'd go and get you some stu-"

"You shouldn't have to do that, though," Josh said.

"It's okay, Joshie," Tyler replied. "Just because I buy you things doesn't mean you love me any less."

Josh shrugged and sighed, burying his face in his hands.

Tyler thought that meant he did something wrong. "I-I'm gonna go see i-if I can maybe get tickets t-to that museum," he stuttered. There were tears in his eyes as he quickly left the room.

"You're so fucking stupid," Josh told himself. "He doesn't even want to be with you on your honeymoon."

That night, Tyler came back into the hotel room sniffling, but Josh hadn't noticed.

"How was the museum?" He asked, eyes still glued to the TV. He hadn't moved all day.

"G-good," Tyler answered. "I-I got cake afterward."

"Cool."

Again, Tyler thought that he did something wrong. Josh seemed like he really didn't care.

"I-I'm gonna go see if there's another room I can stay in," Tyler said before leaving again.

"K," Josh said.

"Wait, what?" He asked a minute later. Why was Tyler asking for another room?

He quickly grabbed his phone and texted Tyler.

Joshua: where'd you go??

Tyler: I got my own room

Joshua: why?

Tyler: you seemed mad at me

Joshua: what? Baby, I'm not mad at you.

Tyler: i don't know

Joshua: can you come back? We should go out for ice cream or something.

Tyler: I'd rather just stay in my room

Joshua: Okay. I love you.

Tyler: Okay

God, Josh was just ruining this trip more and more each day. Now his husband didn't even want to sleep with him.

He couldn't sleep knowing he had made Tyler so sad. Around three in the morning, he grabbed his phone.

Joshua: I'm really sorry, baby.

Joshua: I don't mean to ruin things. I promise, I really don't.

Joshua: I love you so much and you deserve a lot better.

Joshua: I want to make it up to you.

Joshua: if there's anything you wanna do, please tell me.

Joshua: I wanted to be the one to take you to the museum. I know you had talked about wanting that too for a while. I'm really sorry I ruined our chance at that.

Joshua: I love and miss you so much

Joshua: I'm sorry I ruin everything. I'm trying my best. I really am.

Joshua: I just don't deserve to be with someone as sweet and incredible as you.

Joshua: maybe we can go out for breakfast tomorrow.

Joshua: I love you, Ty.