chapter 13

"good luck at work today, baby," josh said, handing his husband the lunch he packed him.

tyler just nodded, thanking josh quietly for the lunch.

"they'll love you," josh smiled, kissing his husband's lips. "but not as much as i love you. that isn't possible."

tyler nodded, straightening his tie before walking out the door.

josh sighed. he should be the one having to work all day. but, because of his past addiction, no company would take him. however, he decided he'd wake up just as early as tyler and wouldn't rest until tyler was at home and in bed. he wanted to make sure tyler wasn't completely alone in the work life. the least he could do is wake up at the same time.

tyler was still processing the thought of josh cheating on him in their own bed, having known from before josh had cheated twice, but he didn't think he'd go so low as to do it in the bed they made love on for hours during their engagement and first year of marriage.

today, josh decided he'd surprise his husband for when he got home.

he knew tyler had always wanted to have a romantic picnic breakfast, but it was december in ohio. it was freezing outside. so, he decided they'd have an indoor picnic.

he strung fairy lights across the floor, setting pillows down and getting out a few wooden trays and starting to cook every breakfast item he could think of.

he also went out and bought the pillows he remembered tyler had talked about on their honeymoon three years ago, saying he thought they were 'the cutest things ever,' though josh said they couldn't get them

but, that was the old josh.

the one on josh's side said 'king of the bedroom,' and the one on tyler's said. 'prince of everything else.'

he made sure the house was completely clean, looking at the clock to see it was 1:30.

tyler was on his lunch break right now.

"hello?" tyler said quietly into the phone.

"hi, baby," josh said.

"h-hi."

"i miss you," josh said. "so so much."

"o-oh," tyler said. "c-cool."

"i can't wait to see you," josh said into the phone, a smile on his face. "i'm putting together something special for when you get home."

"y-you don't need to," tyler said.

"i want to, baby."

"o-ok."

"well, i'll let you get back to your lunch. i'll see yo-"

"y-you dont have to go," tyler said quickly.