Chapter 26

It was weird for Tyler to wake up next to someone.

But at the same time, as soon as he knew it was Josh, he felt safe.

"H-hi Joshie," he said quietly.

"Hey, Ty," Josh said with a sleepy smile. "Sleep well?"

Tyler nodded. "T-the bed is way m-more comfortable than t-the couch."

"I'll bet. I'll go make us some coffee," Josh said, starting to get out of bed.

"C-can you s-stay?" Tyler asked.

Josh's heart was overwhelmed at those words. Tyler wanted him to stay.

"Of course," Josh said, getting back under the sheets and holding him closely. "Don't have to tell me twice."

Tyler giggled shyly, making Josh's grin widen. "You're precious. You know that?"

Tyler shook his head. "I-I'm not precious."

"Ohhhhhh, but you are," Josh grinned. "You're so precious."

"T-that sounds l-like that one song."

"The 'you're so fuckin' precious when you smile' one?"

Tyler nodded.

"Well that's true. You are so fuckin' precious when you smile."

Tyler blushed deeply.

"Haha! I got you there!"

Tyler giggled, his blush deepening. "S-stop."

Josh smiled and hugged Tyler tightly, Ruby waddling in.

"Where TyTy?" She asked.

"He's under the covers," Josh said. "Do you need him?"

Ruby nodded.

Tyler came out from Josh's arms/the blankets. "Daddies are having daddy-daddy time right now, RuRu. I-is it an emergency?"

Ruby shook her head. "No. I-I guess not. Bye bye."

Josh was shocked at what had just happened. Tyler had never said no to Ruby while they were together. He was beyond surprised that his husband was acting like he actually just wanted to be alone with him.

Tyler chewed on his lip, and Josh could tell he was feeling bad.

"You can go get her if you want, baby."

Tyler shook his head. "No. I-it's just you and me right now. I-it's not an emergency."

Josh nodded, kissing Tyler's forehead. "Do you wanna watch a movie?"

Tyler shook his head. That was Ruby's favorite thing to do with him. He didn't want to exclude her on that. "L-let's just talk."

Josh nodded. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"I-I dunno."

"Wanna hold my hand?" Josh asked, holding his hand out palm up.

Tyler nodded, intertwining their fingers tightly.

"We can talk about going on a date night soon," Josh said. "We haven't done one of those in a while."

Tyler nodded. "W-we should go t-to the museum."

"You wanna go to the museum?" Josh smiled.

"Y-yes."

"We will definitely have to go, then, won't we?"

Tyler giggled shyly. "Y-yeah."

Josh grinned widely. Tyler was so beautiful.

"Y-you look nice w-with your shirt off," Tyler said nervously. It'd taken him two weeks to build up the courage to say that.

Josh smiled and kissed Tyler's nose. "So do you."

Tyler looked down and realized he'd must've become confident enough at some point to take his shirt off.

Josh pulled him closer, loving the feeling of being with Tyler in a comfortable setting again.

"Y-you should k-kiss me now," Tyler said.

Josh chuckled and kissed Tyler's lips softly before straddling him. "Is this ok?"

Surprisingly enough, to Tyler, it was ok. He nodded.

Josh grinned and kissing all over Tyler's face. "Do you wanna go to the museum today? We could get somebody to take care of Ruby."

"I-I don't want anyone else alone with her," Tyler quickly said. "T-they won't treat her right."

"They'll treat her right, baby," Josh said. "I promise. It's their job to treat her right."

"B-but they won't know what to do to entertain her o-or what blanket to give her before she falls asleep."

"That's why you tell them, Ty. You tell them everything they need to know, and they'll do it."

"I-I don't want other people near her," Tyler said.

Josh didn't have an argument for that one. Obviously, a babysitter would have to get near ruby to actually do their job.

He sighed as he thought about a solution. He had no idea.

"Well..." he said. "Maybe just... maybe we can just give it a bit of time."

Tyler nodded. He was just incredibly protective of Ruby.

Josh kissed Tyler's temple, squeezing his hand. "I'm glad you're the one I fell in love with, Tyler."

Tyler nodded, playing with josh's fingers. "I have weird thumbs," he said randomly after comparing them to his husband's.

"Awwwww, noooo!! They aren't weird! They're adorable!" Josh exclaimed.

"Ew. Why're they so weird? Why do they look like that?"

"You never noticed your thumbs are significantly different from everybody else's?" Josh chuckled.

Tyler shrugged. "I guess not."

"Hey, they're cute. I've been holding your hands for a long time, too. And the cuteness hasn't worn off."

Tyler looked up at Josh and smiled shyly, blushing a bit. His husband was the sweetest.