chapter 17

tyler and josh walked hand-in-hand down the hallway to their room on the sixteenth floor of their hotel room, josh stopping once they got right outside the door.

"josh? what're yo-"

"i've always wanted to do this," josh grinned, picking tyler up bridal-style and carrying him into their large room, it after all being called 'the honeymoon suite.'

tyler smiled widely as he looked around, still being held in josh's arms. "it's stunning, joshua."

"look at the view!" josh exclaimed, shuffling over to the balcony. there was a magnificent view of the eiffel tower, and he immediately knew that's where they were going to say their vows.

tyler started crying as he saw the view, hugging his husband/fiancé tightly. "it's so perfect, josh..."

***

the next day, they both dressed in their suits and stepped out onto the balcony.

tyler was already crying.

"tyler," josh smiled. "i love you with all my heart. and maybe even a little more if that's possible. i know last time we did this, i didn't follow through with my promises to you. but, this time, i'm not breaking them. i promise to tell you i love you every single day, even if we're in a fight. i promise i'll always, always love you more than life itself. i promise i'll always be yours and only yours. i promise that when we become daddies i'll be their for our children. but i also promise you'll always come first. i promise to treat you like the prince you are. and i'll never, in a million years, love anyone else the way i love you."

tyler sniffled and hugged his husband tightly for a moment, softly crying into his shoulder:

"joshua," he said. "i promise that i do forgive you. i forgive you for all your past actions whether you believe me or not. i promise that i'll always do whatever i can to make you feel happy, comfortable, and loved. because that's what you deserve. i promise i'll have secksy time with you even when i'm not in the mood. i promise i'll cook you meals even when my feet hurt. and i promise you that you're the inspiration for a song i wrote. it's called 'tear in my heart.' i didn't tell you about it. i wanted it to be a surprise. but, you'll get to hear it soon. and please, just always know that you're the love of my life, and i can't imagine spending the rest of my days with anyone else. i love you, joshua william."

both boy exchanged rings with one another, looking up into each other's eyes and grinning.

"you may now kiss your groom," tyler giggled.

"gladly," josh smiled, his hand going behind tylers head as he pulled him in, pressing a long, passionate kiss against his lips.

"happy honeymoon," tyler grinned as they pulled back.

"happy honeymoon, my love."