Chapter 21

Josh dressed in a nice shirt and skinny jeans before taking a deep breath and walking to his husband's room, knocking on the door.

No one answered.

"Ty?" He called after a few minutes. "Ty, are you in there?"

Apparently he wasn't.

Tyler had already left for the day. He was going to go to a coffee shop so he could visit with his daughter and not have to worry about Josh being sad that Ruby... well... hated him.

He also talked to Jenna about what had been going on with Josh, and she said she really thought it would help Josh to start going to therapy just so he could deal with all his guilt.

Tyler wasn't really sure how to approach his husband about going to therapy, but he agreed.

Meanwhile, Josh was going back to his room, slamming the door shut before ripping more hair out of his head. Yet again, he had hurt Tyler.

Joshua: can we maybe go out for dinner tonight?

Tyler: okay

Joshua: is there anywhere specific you wanna go?

Tyler: no

Joshua: does Italian sound good?

Tyler: Okay

Joshua: wait, you hate Italian

Tyler: it's okay

Joshua: Tyler...

Tyler: if you want it, it's okay.

Joshua: no, it isn't okay. You don't like it.

Tyler: I'll just get a salad or something

Joshua: we aren't getting Italian. You don't like Italian.

Tyler: it's okay if you want it

Joshua: no. You don't like it, we aren't getting it.

Tyler: but if it sounds good to you we can go and I'll just skip dinner

Joshua: you are not skipping dinner and we are not having Italian.

Tyler: it's not fair that you don't get to eat what you want because I don't want it

Joshua: it's not fair how I've been treating you. Where do you want to go for dinner?

Tyler: I don't know

Joshua: I'll find somewhere and send you the website so you can see the menu, Okay?

Tyler: Okay

Joshua: I love you. I'll come get you around seven. Maybe we can walk around after.

Tyler: Okay

***

So the boys went to dinner, it being incredibly awkward and quiet. Tyler was on the verge of tears all night.

He didn't want to walk around after, so Josh just took him back to his room before going back to his own.

The boys made the decision to just cut the honeymoon short. There was no use in spending so much money if they weren't even going to be together.

So they flew home the next morning, Tyler sleeping in Ruby's room while Josh slept in the master bedroom.

One day, about two weeks after the trip, Josh announced he was going to therapy. Tyler hadn't even had to tell him to.

Things got a little better. After about a month, Tyler would let Josh touch him sometimes.

But that was all.

No kissing, no love making, not even sleeping in the same room.

Josh really had hurt his husband