<1>

Crash! The sound of something breaking outside had woken me up. As I stumbled out of bed, I walked over to my closet and picked out a very casual outfit with a cropped sweater and blue jeans. As I went downstairs I saw mom in the kitchen making some breakfast; once I got closer to her, I noticed that she was only making me ego waffles in the toaster. Thank god she was because my mom is a horrible cook; I'm surprised I have survived eighteen years of her protection.
"morning sweet pea."
Mom said from across the kitchen counter as she slid the plate if waffles over to me.

Once I finished my food I went over to the sink and washed my dishes. While walking up to my room a fin, I heard the familiar sound of a Crash again. This, in fact, did make me almost squeal but I just dropped my phone. Being the curious person I am I walked over to the window only to find a moving van and seven men moving in boxes. From what I could see two of the men were workers that were paid to help these much younger boys walk in. I was only able to see the edge of the van because their house was in the way, I peeked over into the window across from mine just to see a bunch of boxes stacked near the window.
I was just looking over at the window for a solid twenty minutes while I sat on my windowsill.
"Haven! Hello! Earth to Haven!" I heard the familiar voice scream.Into my ear.
"And hello to you too Luna."
Luna is my best friend, I trust her so much I had given her a unique key to my house so she could come at any time she likes. My mom doesn't mind so everything is just great.
"so, what are you looking at through the window today?" she asks. Making me more nervous to tell her.
"uh, the. New. Neighbours." I say nearly speaking each word. With lines curiosity, she practically pushes me off the windowsill causing me to land right on the cold wooden floors. As Luna stared out the window with a glimmer of joy in her eye, I try and slowly leave the room before I could even see her move. She's in front of me guarding the door.

"Why were you looking at those boys?" Lina asked. With a smirk. She apparently had some plan with whatever my answer was, luckily I was able to crawl through her legs and sprint down the stars. She was screaming my name trying to catch up to me, but I was able to hide in the pantry before she saw me. It took her about five minutes of stomping all around my house for her to come to her senses and find me where I usually am.

"Aha! I found you, Haven!" She bellowed with pride. As I got up Lina followed me as I went to get my bag, Lina has her drivers, so she takes us to school every day. I walked outside trying to race Lina to her car when I suddenly crashed into someone.