<17>

Today was the day, mom's funeral. I wasn't prepared for whatever was going to happen but who would be. The service started at four, and it was only eleven am. Daniel was downstairs with jack and Zach getting their suits fitted while Jonah, Corbyn and I sat in my room in complete silence.

"are we going to mope around all day in your room or should we prepare?" Jonah stated snapping me out of my daydreams. I looked at him confused as he starred back eager for a response. I stood up and walked over to my closed grabbing the black dress I picked out the day before for the funeral today. Corbyn and Jonah both smiled at me before leaving my room letting me change in private.

I slipped the dress on easily but struggling to zip up the back, I gave up and went to putting on my tights and doing my makeup.

Once I was entirely ready for the funeral it was only twelve, there were four hours left.I walked downstairs to find Jack and Daniel Sat beside each other on the counter, I walked towards them slowly, and as I got to them, they looked over at me and gave me a sympathetic smile. I smiled back and took a seat beside Daniel resting my head on his shoulder.

-OoO-

"Guys! We've got fifteen minutes until the service starts! Let 's go, boys," Daniel yelled. The boys all scurried into the car one by one. I was sat shotgun and dreaded the ride there.

As we all pulled up to the graveyard, I could see only one person by a casket. He was a tall, lanky man, about forty I could say dressed in all black. Daniel grabbed my hand as he stepped out the car Daniel looked into my eyes squeezing my hand for encouragement. I smiled and faced forwards following the rest of the boys who were already walking towards the man.

Each of us took our seats looking over at the casket, so beautiful even if the representation was so unfortunate.

"Lady," the man paused waiting for maybe any other people to show up, of course, nobody did. "Ahem. Lady and gentlemen, we are here..."

After the man finished with his speech, the casket was slowly lowered into the ground. I was balling my eyes out, as usual, Daniel was playing with my hair trying to calm me down, but today it wasn't working.

As the last bit of the casket shown before being placed in the hole, if finally dawned on me she was gone entirely. I was never one to believe in ghosts, or an afterlife, so grieving never felt the best. We all went up and placed one rose on the top of the grave each trying our best not to break down.

The boys never really knew my mom well, yes she was around but since we moved in their encounters with her were limited considering they only asked where I was most the time. Daniel would've loved having her as a friend; my mom was the most kind, considerate, lovely person I knew growing up. She knew exactly how to put a smile on my face; however, I was feeling; the first time I got my period in 6th grade, she came into my room with a flower basket filled with chocolate roses and gummy bears. When our dog maple was being put down, she gave me this small little-stuffed puppy and said to me,
"Maple is leaving us, but she can always be with you whenever."

My mind flooded with memories of mom, and they were circling me until we got back to the house. I walked into my house without saying a word to the boys and lock myself in my room and went to take a hot bath.

As my body sunk into the hot water, there was a rush of calf flooding over me. The bubbles tickled my nose, and my toes were wiggling back and forth. For this moment everything was okay.

As I got out of the bath I changed into my pyjamas and headed to bed, looking over at Daniels room I saw him looking out his window waiting for me; Instantly Daniel smiled at me and waved, his blue eyes beautifully lit and the tooth gap was so incredible in the moonlight. I waved back and hopped into bed.

A/n

I know this chapter could've been ten times better than it is. I'm sorry for that. I'm hoping the last few are up to standards though!
Have a good night everyone! (Vote and comment if you haven't and also check out my Zach fanfic because there's so much more happening in that one than this will, soar about that person in Daniels lane)