<11>

Haven's Pov

I heard Daniel, and the guys pulled into their driveway and rushed to bring my things into the guest room away from Daniel. I snatched everything I would need for the night just so if I needed something I wouldn't need to risk seeing Daniel waiting for me. As I got my last pages of science work done in the guest room everything felt off; I missed my room with the view of Daniel. I missed the late night giggles with him but at the same time confronting or even looking at him was not in the picture.

Around two am I was staring at the ceiling thinking about Daniel. It was pitch dark in the house and terrifying; I crept through the halls of my home. I fell to my knees and got a flashback.

"Get over here now Haven!" my dad screamed as I was hiding in my closet at the age of eight. He stomped up the stairs and slammed my door open; I was crying as I clutched the small bear my sister got for me the year before. Dad snatched the bear out from my grasp and threw it across the room with evil eyes.  

Grasping my wrist, he pulled me up onto my feet and slapped me across the face, pulled my braids and said to me "You are worthless!" I tried moving away, but it was useless. Minutes went by, feeling like an eternity before the police pounded on the door, I was shrieking at the top of my lungs hoping the men would save me. 

As I was laying on the floor screaming in the dark someone's arms wrapped around me rubbing my arm. I clutched the teddy bear from so many years ago. 

"Shh, it's going to be okay. calm down haven." the voice was so comforting and made me feel safe once again. my breathing calmed down and I was able to open my eyes. I looked around to see Daniel holding me. I smiled at him and snuggled back into his arms before falling asleep.