Chapter 5: Truth & Dare

Every one took there seats in a circle, across the floor and couches. Some gently swaying to the songs still humming from the speakers and giggling at anything that could be considered only vaguely humorous. Peggy had decided that she would be first and no one had a reason to dispute the decision. Her eyes glanced  over each guest, all anxiously waiting for her to decide upon a victim. A sparkle of mischief glinting in her eyes as she settled her gaze on her target. She sat up a little taller, and playfully sipped from her cup.

"Alex. Truth or Dare?" Peggy asked. Perhaps it was her own little form of initiating Alex to the group.

"Either works for me," Alex said nonchalantly, but a slight grin gave the hint that he was rather pleased at being chose first.

  A few people gawked and giggled at Alexander's courage. Peggy quirked her brow, perhaps in a both suprise and intrigue. She leaned forward slightly, and drunkenly pointed in Alex's direction.

"Ok, how about Both?" Peggy asked in a voice, and her tone indicated a challenge.

"Sounds fun," Alex responded, clearly accepting. Leaning forward till their eyes locked and it was if they had both written an unseen contract. A deal being made with the devil.

"Ok Alex," Peggy said, putting a slight inflection on his name "first the truth. What's your sexuality?"

   John held back a spit take at the blunt question as many of the others made soft noises of fascination. Looking towards Alex with an eagerness to hear his response. Alex was seemingly unbothered and unshaken. He looked up at the ceiling, sipping from his cup and holding the suspense with intention. Herc took note of how easily Alex knew how to hold folks attention and vowed to never put himself on the receiving end of Alex's sharp tounge.

" I don't really know that much about it, but I'm pretty sure I'm Bisexual." Alsx responded with a shrug.

" I KNEW IT!" Laf shouted.  Angie let out a sigh of defeat and retrieved fifty bucks from her wallet. She extended to Laf who playfully snatched it from her hands. Waving it in the air and singing something in French.

"Ok now the dare," said Peggy, loudly to regain the groups attention "I dare you to kiss Eliza or John."

   Eliza and John's faces both turned a vibrant crimson. They shared a nervous glance before Eliza buried her face in her hands. Her ears still pink and going against her attempts to hide her embarrassment. Alex looked towards the two of them glancing between them cautiously.

"Whichever one of you is most comfortable doing it. I'm down either way but neither of you is obligated to." Alex said. His tone softened slightly with sincerity.

   John looked at Eliza, who was still hiding her face. He knew she wouldn't be able to take all this stress. Face flushed and feelings no doubt being swayed and stirred by the alcohol. He knew the poor girl was helpless, and so he decided for the both of them. John stood up and waltzed over to Alex, feeling a small wave of courage wash over him. He did his best to calm his shaking hands as he gripped the collar of Alex's shirt. Moving fast so his courage would not stall and leave him stranded. Pulling Alex forward into a kiss, John shut his eyes.

   At first, Alex was surprised, eyes open in bewilderment. The first crack in his playfulness and determination. A brief moment of true speechlessness. He melted into the kiss and when they finally separated their gazes locked. They were oblivious to the flashing of phone cameras and the loud drunken "ooo"s from their audience. It was their own shared moment of awe. John sheepishly looked away, and Alex regained his composer. Alex decided that maybe having friends was better than he could have initially guessed. Perhaps having something even more would teach him something else new.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count:323)

(Edited Word Count: 730)

  My dearest, Humans

Thank you all for existing. I know I said I would wait but I thought I could use a bit of Lams as a filler while I write a hardcore Mullette chapter. Also please see the last chapter to submit your ideas/questions. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Sincerely, Me

Updated: 11/8/17 ( and again later)