Chapter 12: Zoo (Part 1)

It was around noon when Alex burst into Hercs room, a gleam of mischief in his eye. Herc and Laf had gotten up by then, but they were still shocked by Alex's bold entrance. His hair was disheveled, but that was typical of him. However, he was notably dressed as if he was heading out the door. He was bundled in his coat and scarf, while John trailed behind him with a coat draped over his arm.

" Come on guys, we are going to the zoo!" Alex cheered.

"Are you sure that is a wise decision?" Laf said, "Hercules is a bit ill."

"Come on guys," Alex whined. " I've never been to a zoo before, and John just told me it was a thing."

"Well then, I suppose we're going to the zoo," Herc spoke up. Laf shot him a worried glance but eventually nodded in agreement.

"Let us go to the zoo," Laf said.

*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,

They all piled into Herc's car. Alex's face displaying a childish grin as he excitedly looked out the window. John giggled at the way Alex lit up as they approached the parking lot in front of the zoo. After they'd parked, Alex darted from the car, and John rushed to follow closely behind him. Laf and Herc shared a glance at the pair through the back window.

"Are they together?" Herc asked. Alex spent so much time hiding out in his room, that he never really got to talk to him about it.

"Definitely." Laf replied, "A few days ago John couldn't stop talking about baby turtles."

Herc raised a brow in confusion.

"I will tell you about it later," Laf said. "The toddlers are escaping."

Laf and Herc swiftly left the car and headed for the zoo. John and Alex were waiting by the front gate, and Herc offered to pay the admission fee. Alex hurriedly grabbed John's hand and pulled him into the zoo. Herc linked arms with Laf, allowing Laf to rest his head on Hercs shoulder as they walked. Occasionally stopping to look at the animals, or laugh at Alexander's face when he saw a new creature he has never heard of. John found Alex's excitement to be adorable. He was constantly smiling and learning everything he could about each animal, or talking about the animals he saw in the Caribbean.

Laf and Herc trailed behind them, occasionally taking pictures of the pair to show to Peggy later.

After a while, they stopped for a break and sat at one of the empty picnic tables. It was clear that fall was coming to a close and winter was fastly approaching. Laf shivered a bit, causing Herc to pull him closer.

"You guys are so gay," Alex said with a smirk.

"Hold on."John said, "Peggy will love this."

John took his phone from his pocket and to take a picture of the couple. Laf leaned against Herc a bit more and smiled lovingly up at him, and John took the picture.

"Ok guys, now kiss," Alex said

And they did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 463)

(Edited Word Count: 571)

I love you all so much. With that being said, I have never had so many people interested in my story so I don't always know how to process this information. Still, thank you all for your continued support.

I also have something important to announce so please read the next chapter.

Sincerely,
Welp

Updated: 11/29/17