Chapter 35: New Years Eve (Part 2)

(Herc P.O.V)

    There was so much champagne, but I should've expected that from a party thrown by Peggy. It wasn't cheap either. Everyone was drinking and enjoying themselves, having fun, but I wasn't really watching everybody else. My eyes were on Lafayette.

    He sat next to John and Peggy. Occasionally one would say somthing that would cause him to burst into fits of laughter. I watched as he tucked a long strand of curly brown hair behind his ear, before standing up. He looked at me and walked over to where I had been sitting. He sat down beside me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Je t'aime." He said quietly

" I love you too Laffy." I said with a smile. He let out a soft yawn.

"Babe, it's only 6p.m., it's to early for you to be sleeping." I reason.

"It's not my fault your so comfortable, besides, I had a little to much to drink tonight." Lafayette says with a pout.

     To spite my better judgement, I let him lay down on my lap, and I gently run my hands through his hair.  I look down at his peaceful face as his eyes slowly flutter shut.

*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*
(Eliza P.O.V.)

   The party was going splendidly. Theo and Burr were cuddling and laughing, Thomas and James were making out, Alex and John were giggling over champagne, Herc was playing with Lafs hair, and Peggy was having fun with Angelica. I smiled and sipped some more champagne when something caught my eye.

Out on the balcony stood Maria.

     I grabbed a bottle of cider and made my way out to stand beside her. You could faintly hear the sounds of music blaring and laughter below. Maria was resting her arms on railing,  her long brown hair falling into her eyes a bit. I had to resist the urge to carefuly tuck them behind her ear.

" I brought something bubbly" I said softly. Maria was a bit startled but quickly calmed down.

"Thank you,"  she said "but um... I'm with child."

"I know," I said, filling her glass. "It's just cider."

    She took a sip of the bubbly liquid and I noticed the small red stain her lips left on the glass. Red certainly did suit her though. I smiled and she smiled back. However I got the feeling the smile wasn't genuine.

We sat in silence for a while until she she softly spoke.

"You really dont have to stay here if you don't want to."

"I know, but I like being with you." I said, mentally cursing out how cheesy that sounded, but then I saw it.

A small smile crept its way onto Marias' beautiful red lips. It was small, but It was real.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 444)

   Let me explain. I'm going with the Marilza ship for a couple important reasons.

1.) They are the same age

2.) They're personalities mesh well

3.) Eliza it great mother material

     Besides, Peggy is enjoying her single life. Let her be happy. Anyways love you guys forever.

Sincerely,
Welp