Chapter 28: Snowmen

[3 days til Christmas]

John sat comfortably on his couch, smiling as he looked out the window. Outside the sky was bright, to spite the clouds. Tiny white flakes of snow danced down from the sky, swirling in the light breeze and glittering as it reflected the light. He carefully lifted his coffee mug and felt the warmth prickled against his hands. He took a sip and allowed it to warm him. He thought back to years when the first snowfall made his heart sore. He continued to calmly sit facing the window until someone made an entrance.

Alex burst through the door, a look of worry and excitement on his face. He ran over to John.

"John, there is white stuff falling from the sky," Alex said quickly.

"You mean snow?" John said understandably confused.

"Snow," Alex said quietly, tilting his head. "That's a real thing?"

John was about to laugh when it occurred to him that it didn't snow in the Caribbean. Meaning Alex probably has never seen it before. He smiled, once again recalling his first memories of when snow fell from the sky. The way it felt surreal and magical. The way it sturred wonder and playfulness from his heart.

"Yes it's real," John said holding back a giggle "and it's was super fun when I was a kid."

"When you were a kid? What happened." Alex questioned.

" I just grew up I guess. I haven't built a snowman since elementary school."

"What's a snowman?" Alex was like a toddler, always asking questions.

John smiled and stood up.

"Come on I'll show you. Put on your coat, and other gear."

"Um, John?"

"Yeah."

"I don't have other stuff."

"Oh, right."

*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,

(John POV)

This Alex was adorable. He was so curious about everything, and always getting excited. He was excited about wearing winter gloves for the first time, and was mildly intrigued by the idea of snow angels.

I watched him as he stared up at the sky in wonder, crinkling his nose when the cold flakes of snow hit his face. He smiled up at the sky and looked at me. Snow had begun to collect on hair, nose, and eyelashes. His face dusted a light pink from the cold. He was so happy, so beautiful.

What the heck is this guy doing to me.

"Let's do this," Alex said determinedly

"Whatever you say babe," I responded

*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,
(Alex POV)

Winter is now my favorite season. I've heard about snow in books and such but I never really believed in it. It seemed too strange to be true. Now I've realized what I've been missing.

John showed me how to shape the snow into a ball and when we managed to make two of them we began to decorate. We added a face and gave it some clothes, even found a small carrot to use for the nose. Oh my Lin, I've started rhyming. What am I some sort of rapper?

However, although the snow was fun, that wasn't my favorite part. I must say that John was what made everything so happy for me. He didn't make me feel childish even though I begged him to "play" in the snow. He only smiled and complied with my wishes.

He made me feel something I've never felt before. He was so nice and he is the only thing in this world that could ever leave me speechless. I've never been with a boy like him before. I've never been with anyone like him before.

After a while me and John toes had started to go numb and he suggested we head inside, but I remembered something.

"What about snow angels?" I asked, "Please, for me?"

"Of course, how could I forget?" He found a clear patch of snow and fell backward into it.

"Oh shit, are you ok?" I asked worried

John simply responded by knocking my legs out from under me, so I was lying next to him. A turned to face him with a scowl, but it quickly melted when I heard his beautiful laugh and saw his beaming smile.

"Ok now do this."

*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,*,

(Lafayette POV)

I looked out the window at the sight below. Alex and John were outside making....... snow angels? I shook my head and smiled, pulling out my phone to take a picture. They were honestly too cute together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 660)

Christmas is almost upon us. I hope you all feeling excited because tomorrow is Christmas cookies with Jeffmads so yay!

Sincerely,
Welp