Chapter 23: Perfect Kiss

John was silent for a moment, as he continued to fiddle with his sleeves. His eyes looking down towards the ground, before he continued. His face flushing red at the memory. 

"We almost kissed, but I panicked and turned away. It was so awkward, but Alex said he understood and-."

"Wait, why did you turn away?" Lafayette interrupted.

"I don't know," John whined, grabbing a nearby cushion and hugging the life out of it. " I was just so scared about whether or not he really liked me, and there were so many voices in my head. I wanted to kiss him so badly but my body just wouldn't listen."

" Mon Ami, if he tried to kiss you, wouldn't that mean he likes you?" Laf reasoned.

"Yeah, but my awkward ass had to go and ruin it," John murmured into the cushion.

(Meanwhile at Alexanders and Hercs dorm)

"Dude you need to chill." Herc laughed while sipping his coffee.

"I know but I just- I just can't. He is just so amazing, he is such a talented artist, and his love of turtles is adorable, and his smile leaves me speechless every time. I think- I think that I might be in love. No, I'm definitely in love. " Alex said quickly.

"Well anyone who leaves you speechless, has to be pretty damn special," Herc said with a smirk. " I only have one question."

"What is it?"

"What are you waiting for?"

"He already didn't kiss me though. What if he doesn't like me back? I don't want to pressure him into anything. Not like last time at the party with Truth or Dare. I want this kiss to be special."

"Well, you'll never know if you never talk to him about it."

"But-"

"Alex. Stop. Go talk to him."

    Alex let out a noise of frustration before face planting onto the couch. His mind was a mess of racing thoughts that de didn't even notice there was a knock at the door. Herc looked through the peephole to check who it was before turning to face Alex.

"I think you should be the one to answer this," Herc said loud enough for Alexander to be pulled from his miniature crisis.

   Alex stood up and ran his hands through his, now messy, hair. He checked outside to see a very worried-looking John, and he mentally prepared himself before opening the door. John's eyes instantly looked up to meet his and what happened next, nobody expected. John burst through the door and for a moment everything seemed to move in slow motion. John's arms reaching around Alex's neck while Alex's arm wrapped around John's waist. Their hearts fluttering uncontrollably as the distance between them began to shrink.

All in a fraction of a second.

Yet it felt like an eternity.

For a moment everything stopped,

and in that perfect moment

They finally kissed.

~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Word Count: 449)

   Guys, it totally slipped my mind that this is technically their second kiss, but it's their first as a couple.
Anyways hope you enjoyed it anyways.

Sincerely,
Me